Cracked stock

Jim Watson, forgive me for not answering you last time. I completely forgot about your question until just now. As for an answer, no, it does not have a scope friendly safety as of now. Not entirely sure why there wasn't one installed, but I plan on getting another Bold trigger with side safety for it. Since the safety and shroud are chromed with the rest of the bolt, I'll just leave it in the off position and use the trigger safety. Although I'm gonna try and keep the irons if I can. I like the idea of having a backup plan.

Frankenmauser, that looks a pretty darn good repair job for what you had to work with. I actually like the look of the paint on that gun, it's different but not over the top.

I'll have to see what I can find locally for glue and epoxy. I'm pretty sure I have some gorilla glue somewhere in the garage, I just have to remember where I put it. :rolleyes:

Here it is

Well ladies and gents, here's the final result of my first stock "repair". I'm hoping it's a repair anyway. :rolleyes: I used gorilla glue (it's what I had and it's supposed to stick to everything), 3 screws, and one nail. All of this I had on hand already so it's what I used. I sanded off the excess glue after it dried and slathered some boiled linseed oil on the sanded parts. It didn't turn out nearly as hacked as imagined it would. :D Anyway, swipe to the left from the original picture to see the repairs. Swipe left from the original to see a pick of the rifle in a military stock I forgot I had laying around.

http://rs1053.pbsrc.com/albums/s478...6_201307_zpsfqgitkto.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Back