Cowboy Gun Spinning

And we're still wondering about the answers to questions in your other post you dropped out of.

Did you check your barrel to make sure it had a .44 bore by putting a .44 ball against the muzzle & were you actually measuring 25 grains of powder instead of 2.5?

Won't hurt your triggers by spinning.
Denis

The trigger and maybe the hammer could be broken if the sear is in a hammer notch and the gun drops on the hammer. Of course, I certainly hope that the gun is unloaded while playing games.

I used to play some of those games, but stopped when I dropped a gun; no harm done, but it seemed pointless. If I were going to take it up again, I would get one of those aluminum dummy guns that wouldn't be harmed if dropped.

Jim

Not to mention the longer barrels of the typical percussion revolver are not balanced particularly well for twirling.
Denis

If you intend to compete is CAS matches, spinning the gun would result in at least a stage DSQ for sweeping the shooter's area with the muzzle, probably a match DSQ if you dropped a loaded gun while trying it.
Maybe even get you invited to leave and never come back.

In the immortal words of Ronald Reagan..."Well."

I had a spinning reel once.

. . . . ;o0

"He who would pun would pick a puck."

What James K suggested. Aluminum dummy gun or even a rubber one. Now, if BP pistols were less than $40 or a flea market/garage sale item that wasn't functional anyway, I'd use it. However, at $100 up I'm not dropping any cap 'n ball revolver.

OK, the exception is if you have one of those large trampolines where it won't get damaged if you drop it.

Plus....

The shape of the trigger makes it very painful to spin it back. Spinning forward is not so bad. Tried it once or twice and vowed not to do it again.

There was a link on one of these sights, within the last year, with a very good showman spinning a pair of 1860 Armys in ss. Darned if I can find it!

I been twirling guns for prolly 40 years started way back with cap guns, right through pellet guns now I don't even think twice about it I'll even twirl my shiny new Colt and BFR. You'll only hurt them iffin you drop em.

I think Hardy does it and has a video. I used to do it years ago and was pretty good at it but doubt if I could now.

Back