Couples

My current wife really likes guns. I mean REALLY likes them.
She loves to shoot them and encourages me to buy more than I need.

My ex enjoyed shooting, but that doesn't matter anymore to me.

Right on Rick! My wife has more experience than me. She used to shoot 3 gun competition years ago. She never passes up a chance for pew pew. It is always more fun with a shooting partner.

Last edited:
ok, first girl friend i shot with wouldn't listen and wore low cut tops, yeah she looked good but after the third or fourth hot casing went in there....

next was wife (now ex) she liked to blame wild shots on every one else and did not understand "WATCH YOUR MUZZLE!!!!!!"

next girl friend was scary good with my Colt Gold Cup that i carried at that time, and she was a tiny woman.....never p o'd her

shoot mostly with my niece now.

Mrs Dufus enjoys shooting the handguns, but not so much the rifles but maybe one or two shots. She doesn't enjoy while I wait for cool down time.

She loves shooting skeet informally too. I set up a skeet launcher and let her blast away. She hits maybe 2 out of 3.

She has shot my 375 H&H standing and likes it but I won't let her shoot the 460. She is only 5'1" tall.

Her wrists are getting bad so she limits shooting to the 9mm, 357, and 45 Colt. No 44s or 500s, and of course she is mean with the 22s.

Right there with you doc my wife and I do every thing together . We go as often as we can, for self defense my wife and I shoot our LCR 38 +p's and she will swap out to her lc380 some times. For hunting I shoot my SRH 44 and she shoots a gp- 100 in 357 with some very warm hunting loads. I also will shoot my Blackhawk in 357 every now and again ,but that's going to my oldest boy soon.For rifles she loves shooting her 30-30 and my 300 savage . We also shoot our bows a bunch and we hunt together, heck we just spent last weekend putting up 3 ladder stands and moving 2 . She was working just as hard as I was.i always tell her that I can't believe she's put up with me all these years .

Last edited:
My wife has just recently started shooting. She now has her own XD Mod2 4.0 9mm that she picked out for herself. I shoot a Taurus PT92C.
We were shooting about every 3 weeks until I had open heart surgery about 10 weeks ago. We are hoping to get back shooting soon.

Sorry to hear about your surgery.
I had something similar last year &
It was a bear getting past it. At my age
I don't heal as quick.
Hope you're healing as quick as can
Be.

Doc

The wife and I shoot together about 90% of the time but she wont shoot the AR's as she thinks there too loud even with doubled up ear pro.

My wife actually got me back into guns and shooting. When I moved from Texas to Ohio in 2000, I found they weren't quite as gun friendly up there and they didn't offer a CHL at the time like I had in Texas, so I only occasionally shot. When I moved back home in 2010, my GF (now wife) suggested that we get our CHLs, so she got hers and I got mine a second time.
The last couple of months, we have begun shooting with our local club, https://www.rosenbergdefensivepistolclub.net/ and have been having a great time. She shoots her PPS M2 and SD9VE in 9mm and I shoot my Custom TLE II and Ultra TLE II, both in .45.

She also has an SP101, which she shoots on occasion when I break out my Model 65 & Model 60.

The cool thing is, she also fly fishes, my other pastime obsession! :D

Back