Couples

How many of you out there shoot with your significant other? If you do, what do you both use and how often do you two shoot?

All I know is that it took a long time before i found a pistol that my wife likes and will go with me to shoot.

Hey Doc! I shoot with the wife almost everytime I go to the range. We shoot our carry guns first then the toys. Her carry: Ruger LCR 38 spl and a Sig P238. My Carry: S&W Model 36 and a Ruger LCP II. The Toys that usually go is a Canik TP9SF, Beretta 92S, Springfield 1911 Mil Spec, and a S&W Model 10 4" heavy Barrel. The wife almost always out shoots me, be it with groups, or on the plate rack, the 25 yard steel, or the clay pigeon rack I'm not ashamed to admit it either. We have loads of fun.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Per month the wife and I shoot two IDPA matches, one IDPA style match, one rimfire pistol and one rimfire rifle match. My IDPA guns are usually my FNS 9, Glock 19 and a Springfield Armory Range Officer Compact 1911 9mm. The wife shoots her Sig 225A1, her S&W M&P fullsize 9, or her Sig P938. Rimfire pistol we both shoot our Ruger Mark III 22/45s. Rimfire rifle she shoots her M&P 15-22 and I shoot my Ruger 10/22 Takedown.

The Osseo Gun Club in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul Minnesota) has a 'couples league' that's 10 weeks long with six stages of fire for the men and six stages of fire for the women each week. That might be a fun event for a couple.

They also have 'Date Night' for about $20 you and your significant other get a lane and a rental gun. You do have to buy your ammo from them though which bumps up the cost. You also get to play on their simulator and snacks, (brownies, cupcakes, cookies etc.) are provided.

Good stuff if you want to share your hobby.

It's been a number of years since we went to the range together, but, when we did go, my wife took her Buckmark Micro &/or her Winchester 9422 Trapper.

Both of her guns are extremely sweet shooters - - that I'm forbidden to touch - except to clean them :D :D

She'd usually just set up on the 25 or 50 yard line, with a brick of .22 lr, and be good for a couple/three hours.

Usually, I'd just let her alone to do her thing.

She's recovering from surgery right now, but, once she's recovered, now that we're both retired, we plan to go out at least once a month and shoot again.

My fiancee showed some interest so I bought her a Mossberg 802 plinkster for Xmas one year. It's pink Unfortunately but she loves it.

She doesn't come out to the range every time I go but does enjoy it.

My wife is right handed, left eye dominant. We've tried range trips a few times in the past but she could not overcome her frustration. The only gun she will touch now is the 410 single shot if she has to kill an unwelcome critter around the farm. Even then she has to be really close to hit what she is shooting at.

Wife and I shoot at least twice a week. Once with pistols and once with rifles. She shoots Ruger LCP, SA 9mm Range Officer, Ruger Mk III 22/45 Lite, and an EMP in 9mm. She started with the 22/45 but loves her 9mm Range Officer the best. We compete only against each other for lunch. So far we're about even. We shoot at 3" Shoot-N-See targets that have scoring rings. Also track personal best scores. Her rifles are Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor, S&W AR-15 Sport and a Ruger 10/22 set up for benchrest. Also track scores and group size and shoot for lunch. Even split so far on lunches. I read wind a little better at 600 yards (for now). I shoot 22/45, a LCP, 9mm and 45 ACP Range Officers and Glock 34. Same rifles as hers but adjusted for me. We both handload our own rifle ammo for the Creedmoors. Her load is different than my load as our barrels like different things.

Yes I go shooting with my wife
She is a fine shot with a Boys .22 rifle I own.
She is a fair revolver shooter.
We both would rather shot the steel at the Sportsman Club than paper.

My wife goes shooting with me around half the time. She has her own carry pistol, a Sig P238, but she shoots everything we own. I have a Neos that everyone enjoys, none more than her. Glock 26, Beretta 92FS and PX4, a .38 revolver - she enjoys all of them. I picked up a used Cheetah recently that she hasn't fired yet, but she has dry fired it and likes it. I think the only handgun I have owned that she really disliked was a S&W 642.

She helps me clean the pistols, too, sometimes even if she didn't go shooting with me. What a woman!

Not so much Doc. My wife is retired LEO, and as such had to train and qualify regularly with handgun and shotgun. Thousands of rounds expended over the course of a career. She rarely shoots anymore.

Wife

My wife grew up on a farm, she's bored of guns and shooting.
BUT, She doesn't hold me back from going to the club.
I go shoot and she goes out with her friends.
PRICELESS :D

I do. She shoots her Glock 26 and my Ruger .22/45, as well as my Remington 700 .243, probably better than I do. When we trap shoot together she shoots her Beretta 686.

My wife and I shoot together typically every 2 weeks at a local indoor range. She packs a Glock 27. I pack a HK45CT. We love the pew pew life.

This is great. Please keep responding. My wife & I both find this very reassuring.
I look at this as my best friend, my wife, & I share many things. One of those is shooting together.

Doc

My wife has gone to the range with me twice. Both times she spent more time reading her book than shooting. Done after about an hour. The range I use most has a daily charge, so I tend to stretch my visits out pretty long.
She hates indoor ranges more than I do.

My wife and I go once a month. She shoots her Colt Mustange FE and Sig P238. I shoot my P938 and P320RX.

When she's finished with her 380's she always wants to shoot a few through the P320.. She likes that one alot (As do I).

Before our private club range went weird with their rules changes, both of us went together to the range at least twice a month.
She's slightly cross-eyed, but shoots just fine with a red dot scope on her .22 pistol.
Flashole, you might try that for your wife.

Well, my wife and daughter call Dave, my regular shooting buddy, either my girlfriend or boyfriend. Does that count???

Back