Counterpoint: 10mm Glock owner's cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futo Inu

If P7 owners like "the finer things", I suspect 10mm Glock owners lean toward practical, but powerful things, and good values. Me:

Glock 29

1987 Nissan SE-V6 King Cab 4x4 with many bells & whistles - soon to have camper shell - got to take off the roll bar and paint the topper - it's going from a "Romancing the Stone" play truck (sans the machine gun) to a "lively grandpa" truck, I suppose.

I was waiting for some argumentative person to bring this up. ;)

Gun: Glock 20.

Vehicle: '81 Toyota pickemup longbed 2WD.

Similarities:
-No frills. My truck doesn't even have a radio.
-Absorbs horrendous abuse without complaint.
-High-cap mags, high-cap bed.
-Easy to fix and get spare parts.

Dissimilarities:
-I actually enjoy looking at my G20. The truck, feh.
-Chicks dig Glocks. :D

------------------
"The right of no person to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property,
or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall be called into question.."
Article 11, Section 13, CO state constitution.

I have this mental image of the canonical 10mm shooter's vehicle;

a late 70s Ford Bronco, jacked up, locking diffs fore-and-aft, run-flat mudders, sunroof with a pintle mount in front of it, steel tube bumpers and nerf bars, big block motor w/ dual carbs headers, and open pipes. a bumper sticker that says, "I don't brake for looters" and 4 little grocery carts painted on the driver's side.

;)

Thanks, Ivanhoe, now I know what it is I've been looking for!

(scritchy-scratch)

OK, written down, and the hunt begins...

------------------
"The right of no person to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property,
or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall be called into question.."

Ok, let's try this...I own a Sig 226 in 9mm, a Ruger GP-100, Taurus 85 in .38, Rossi M971 in .357, and a Bersa Series 95 in .380.

I drive a 98 Ford Ranger XLT, and a 1990 Toyota Camry.

I don't see a link, do you????

Let me know...

------------------
"By His stripes we are healed..."

PeterGunn

Hmmm...I am surprised that more Glock owners don't own Ferraris. After all, they look pretty, are largely made of plastic, and tend to break down a lot. ;) Walt

Um, Walt, you're thinking of the *Fiero*. :D

------------------

Come now, Walt. A Ferrari won't break down that much! :) Just run it at speed occasionally and you'll keep the valves from getting carbon fouled - the biggest cause of high maintenance.

My Handgun is a SIG 220
I drive a 95 Ford Extended cab.

Similarities:
Neither was my first choice, but I got a hell of a deal on both, and been extremely pleased with both of them.

both have plenty of muscle, and serve me well.

Neither is "pretty", but both are beautiful works of machinery.

SIG ALWAYS feeds & shoots, the Ford always starts!

I own a Honda Nighthawk 750. In a lot of ways
It's just as reliable, and maintenance free
as my Glock. I had an accident on my bike two years ago. I let my bike sit for a year and a half. There was some damage, but it was mostly cosmetic. All I had to do was get the carbureators cleaned and change the oil and I am riding again without a problem. That's why I purchased a Glock. I like things to be as maintenance free as possible.

I have a Smith & Wesson 610. Does that count? :) Nicer looking than a Glock anyway.

Use a Ford SVT Contour to carve up the highways.

Robert

[This message has been edited by Robert the41MagFan (edited November 18, 1999).]

1980 Chevy Dumptruck, Sticker GVW 25,500 lb. (Sure, I'm legal. :) )

Ruger Redhawk.

Similarity: They both dump heavy loads.

:), Art

I had a Glock 19, traded for a 23, also own a S&W model 10, Star PD and a MAC 90 in addition to several other longguns.

I drive a 1991 Nissan 300zx with a K&N air filter and too much aftermarket stereo equipment to list.

I also own an Omega Seamaster 007 edition and two TAG Heuers.

Springfield TRP model 1911 - Toyota Supra.
Kimber Pro Carry 1911 - Chevy full sized Custom Van.

Used to have another combo:
HK USP .40 - Chevy Caprice LE Package.

Sold off the USP and that beautiful LT1 powered Caprice got it's front end removed by a Soccer mom in a Durango cutting a bad apex while I was sitting at a intersection waiting to turn left.
:( My agent didn't even want to look at it - Totaled it right there over the phone.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

G20 & G29: '83 Ford F-150 XLS 4x4 Stepside, w/ 351cu H.O. engine. My other vehicle is a '97 H-D FLHR. Does this put me in some kind of "profile"?

------------------
Mykl
~~~~~
"If you really want to know what's going on;
then, you have to follow the money trail."
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Glock 29........ 96 Thunderbird
Kimber gold match........ Same Thunderbird
Kimber stainless custom........ Same Thunderbird
Kimber classic........ Same Thunderbird
Kimber compact........ Same Thunderbird

------------------
10MM Magnum.... tried the rest, now I got the best

I thought most GLOCK owners prefered to ride the bus...

...At least until they start making polymer cars! J.K.

------------------
SURE SHOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back