Couldn't pass this "Mauser" up!

Nice pictures!

OK, UMC marked, which I thought they were. That means that they were produced post 1912, when Remington and UMC merged.

AH! I was wrong, my estimate was a bit early...

These are slightly older than I thought based on this 1922 advertisement I just found...

https://books.google.com/books?id=00woAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA267&lpg=PA267&dq=remington+oilproof&source=bl&ots=e0Uc-zy7co&sig=6c2Tm8agKiACRyW2hRZXQjgsPks&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjD5MeWzNLPAhVGlx4KHVo_CEcQ6AEIMjAF#v=onepage&q=remington%20oilproof&f=false

Couldn't pass up this Mauser (ammo box)

As you can see there is a black ink stamp on the bottom of the box, but I can't see all the letters/numbers.

Thanks for the information, since the pistol was made approx. 1926 I would guess the ammo would be from about the same time period.

Again thanks for all the information, now to search out a ammo collector who wants to buy it.

A rather archaic design, rather difficult to field strip and reassemble. But a good shooter. Had a long production run.

Please take care when field stripping, and detail strip only if you know what you are doing. Those guns are not complicated, but can be damaged if dis/re-assembled wrong.

Jim

Back