Couldn't pass this "Mauser" up!

oldobie1946

Inactive
Purchased this over the week-end, I usually don't buy "old" guns but I couldn't pass this one up.
bought it from a man in his late 60's who received it from his grandfather who bought it new (approx. 1926) it was wrapped in an oil rag in a cigar box with 2 boxes of vintage Remington ammo, a soft bore brush, the original manual, in German, and 2 magazines. I marked "Mauser" the other is unmarked. One of the boxes of ammo is missing 29 rounds and I am guessing by the condition of this weapon that's about how many times it was fired. I have never seen one in this condition. The oil rag fell apart when I picked it up so I wrapped it in a new rag to bring it home. I will post more pictures.

Attachments

• Mauser 1914 Picture 2.jpg
    Mauser 1914 Picture 2.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 269
  • Mauser 1914 Picture 5.jpg
    Mauser 1914 Picture 5.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Couldn't pass up this Mauser

More pictues, the ammo, mostly the lead, is corroded. I plan to sell the ammo to a collector and recoup some of my money.
Small%20Ammo%20full%20inside%20view%205_zpsbtaldc2u.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Mauser%20Open%20Box%20manual%20ammo%20magazine%202_zpsq6jrmq1w.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
The original manual pages are yellow from the oil that soaked into them

Last edited:

Couple more. check out the sharp edges on the grips. I don't think the grip screws have ever been touched. It is all matching.
Small%20inside%20of%20trigger%20guard%2011_zpsztlnoyvg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
You can see the "bright blue" on the extractor and trigger, Not a bad finish for a pistol made in 1926.
Mauser%201914%20close%20up%20Markings%20Germany_zpslbvid4oe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Very nice, that bright blue could be heat treatment.

And NOW, inquiring minds want to know......how much?......:D

I paid $435 for everything in the cigar box! More matching #'s.
Small%20back%20of%20bolt%2012_zpslv2xwazn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
You can see the original manual is dated 1-25 (Jan 1925) by serial number the gun was produced 1926 from my research.
Mauser%20Manual%20DATE%209_zps7nubqcrz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice find. I think that everyone on this thread would double your money right now.
You may want to check out the cigar box also. Some of the old ones are worth $$$. I dont see how anyone would want a modern firearm with beauties like that floating around.

Thank goodness I'm safe, already have one of those.:p Yours is a lot prettier than mine, but I guess I can live with that.:D

That ammo is old and corrosive primed (as well as maybe corroded), so keep it for display and buy new ammo for shooting. Do NOT (repeat, NOT) dry fire that pistol; the result will be a broken firing pin. Buy a few "snap caps" so you can let the firing pin fall safely.

The finish is the old rust blue, used prior to the mid-1930's; the bright blue parts were heat blued, a technique which combined the coloring with the heat treatment to produce a very attractive color and finish.

Jim

You do realize that those two boxes of ammo, if full and in VG condition or better, are very likely worth close to half what you paid for the pistol itself?

I'm pretty sure that those boxes were made between circa 1910 and 1928 or so.

Any chance of a clearer, closer up photo of them?

Couldn't pass up this Mauser (ammo pictures)

Close up of Remington UMC .32 (7.65) Ammo. I have 2 boxes, 1 is full the other is missing 29 rounds

Attachments

• small ammo three.jpg
    small ammo three.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 65
  • small ammo four.JPG
    small ammo four.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 62
  • small ammo two.JPG
    small ammo two.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Back