Cost of a round of clays

olddrum1

Have not shot a round of clay's in years. What is the going rate for a round of trap, skeet, and sporting clay's if I may ask?

In Florida, most rounds of trap and skeet run ~$6 for members, and ~$8-9 for non-members.
Sporting clays tend to run ~$0.38 for members and ~ $0.48 for non-members. Golf cart rentals usually run ~$20; split 4 ways makes it more affordable.

Sheesh!

Glad I live on the West coast. Trap is expensive enough.......

Heck the non-member rate at one club I go to is 4.50 for the birds. My own club is 4.50 and the boys are good at keeping true wholesale priced reloading components in stock. Really helps that one of our guys has a one ton pickup and goes right by the shot tower in the course of his work. Hard to beat free transport of lead.

Support your local club! I save more on components than what my membership costs. Of course my bride reminds me I would not need those components if it weren't for the club I belong to. And so it goes.....

We pay no hazmat or shipping on reloading supplies as the club buys targets by the truckload and they just put the other stuff on the same truck.

In Southern California I pay $8/round of skeet or trap and that is if I buy tokens for 20 rounds at a time. That is for the local kind of run down range.

In my area for members trap & skeet $5 / $ 7.50 non members ( 5 stand is an extra $ 0.50 )

Sporting clays $0.35 per bird members .../ $ 0.40 non members..

Shells are about $7.50 a box / gun rentals are about $25

Here's Ben Avery's:

Trap and Skeet
$6 pr round/ 25 clays

Wobble Trap and 5-Stand
$6.50 pr round/ 25 clays

Sporting Clays
$10 pr round/ 25 clays
$20 pr round/ 50 clays
$30 pr round/ 100 clays

Bunker Trap
$7 pr round/ 25 clays

Rental Guns $10 for Berettas

In Austin, TX it's $11 for a round of trap or skeet for non members and $7 for members. $6.30 a round if you buy a preloaded key. They give you 27 birds for trap and 26 for skeet, in case of no-birds or noise activated pulls in trap.
Five stand and sporting clays is by the bird. $.50/target non member and $.40/target for members. I usually just shoot trap and skeet so I don't know if the sporting clays course has a preloaded key deal.
They sell ammo, but I always shoot reloads so I don't know the price.
They don't rent shotguns.

My club is $2.50. Another local club hosts 5 stand for $5 per round. 100 round of sporting clays is either $25 or $35 depending on course.

I was paying $4.00 a round for trap before headed to the land of the rising sun where there is no shooting to be had.

ive been wanting to shoot staten island for some time.
darkgael, you shoot there in the winter? ive been trying to hook up with someone who would vouch for me.

funny, I remember shooting clubs in japan, where guns and ammo were kept at the clubhouse only. you sure they are all gone?

Possibly in mainland, but the trap/skeet range in Okinawa was shut down in the 90's due to environmental issues.

About shooting at Staten Island Sportsman’s Club.....no need to have a member vouch for you. The Club is open to the public on Wednesday (5pm to 7pm. Under lights.) and on Saturday and Sunday starting at 9am. Check their website.
http://www.sitrap.org/

did ages ago. just wanted to shoot with someone from the net. maybe someone to show me around and find the best authentic italian food in the area.

Back