Cost of 9mm pistol magazines

Am I they only dude who has never paid more then 39.00 for a magazine, HK P7M8 notwithstanding which were $50 back when I was buying them.

SIG
HK (including the 45’s)
Walther
Ruger
Glock
CZ
Beretta
Etc. Etc.

Are you who are paying $50-$80 bucks on a mag buying direct from the manufacturer???

Now this of course doesn’t take into consideration out of print/collectible stuff.

I just hear this $50 and up number all the time and I don’t understand it. Now Glock mags are absolutely the best in the business as far as quality vs price as well as having some solid aftermarket options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillM View Post
We each have 3x140, 1x155 and 2x170. $875 per gun.

Yup---9mm mags can be expensive.

Holy cow. Why so expensive, smaller production runs?

Relatively small market, and extremely well built magazine made of
heavy stainless steel.

popularity

This could easily turn into a Glock fan thread...........

Glocks are popular not because of cheap mags, but........ (in no order)
-relatively affordable, even now
-considered extremely reliable and durable
-relatively low maintenance
-simple manual of arms
-offered in a wide variety of models and chamberings

The Magpul mags for Glock 17 have worked very well for me and others, think I saw 17-shot versions today for $13.50 less tax.

bamaranger said:
The Magpul mags for Glock 17 have worked very well for me and others, think I saw 17-shot versions today for $13.50 less tax.

The 10 round GL9 Magpul mags I bought when I lived in CA are very reliable, I still use these as range mags since I moved back east.

Sig OEM mags are an issue since the Sigs that I like and own are out of production. I can still get MecGar branded P228 and P229 mags at a decent price. I have enough Sig P6 OEM mags (7) to last me. The 8 round single stack mags for my Sig P239 were expensive when the guns were still being produced, they are more expensive and harder to find since Sig discontinued the gun. A gunstore out in the PA sticks has a used mag box that I need to scrounge through to try to find a couple decent useable 9mm P239 mags. If you have a discontinued Sig, you need to keep on the lookout for decent useable mags at reasonable prices, whatever that means these days.

Back