Cor-Bon, Triton, or.............

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the Cor-Bon ammo I have gone through has been made in SD, has been consistent and reliable in my subjective viewpoint. 185g 45ACP +p has been no problem in my Glock. I have read recently at GT that Glock officially discourages the use of this ammo, but I have yet to verify this with Glock. The current Glock Annual has many articles about using Cor-Bon in tests with positive results and no mention of a potential liability with using this ammo. BTW, I e-mailed Cor-Bon on a different question the other day and also asked about a hat. Two days later I received a goody box containing the hat,pens, stationary, bag labels,ect. Thought that was pretty nice.

Cor Bon is the ammo of choice for several police department that in know of first hand. It it the good stuff - rivaled only by Triton in my opinion. In some calibers, i like one over the other...

I cant really see one being that much BETTER that the other... Both are tops...

It is good that Triton is here being represented. I would like to see both CorBon and Magsafe as well... Maybe a rep from Glock, Sig, and HK each with its own forum like on Bladeforums and AR-15.com That would be nice - proactive customer service...
That is what makes one company better than another... Wheat and Chaff thing.

------------------
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

....interestingly enough, what with all the "stories" about Cor-Bon ammo problems, Mr. Peter Pi, president of Cor-Bon has just posted a response to allegations made by Mr. Fernando Coehlo of Triton. Here is a link to that thread:

[Link to invalid post]

Very interesting!!!!

-=[Bob]=-

Futo on the Georgia Arms question I think the designation of +p an +p+ in the non Saami specified calibers is just to show a juiced up load not to lie or cause problems....
just my 2 cents.......

Peter Pi is here too...
Sweet.
I hope they can get along.

fun thought - just for the sake of amusement - what if they JOINED FORCES?
What whould they names that joint company?

Cor Bon Triton
Korbon Criton
Kryton
What's the name of the robot guy from Red Dwarf? :)

------------------
"America is a melting pot, the people at the bottom get burned while all the scum floats to the top."

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

Triton Quik-Shoks are my defensive load for both .357 Mag and 9mm. Very reliable ammo. I can't say that for all brands that I have tried.

Axel

Here's my question after reading all these threads about ammo manufacturers:

Are the ballistics on Triton, Cor-Bon or any of the "Major Manufacturers" high-end ammo really all that different out of a short barrel like the Kel-Tec P-40 or P-11?

I tried about 40 rounds of Cor-Bon .40 165gr, but at 16 dollars a box, coupled with the *snappy* recoil out of the light pistol, plus the two failures to feed, i decided against it. I can't find any Triton in my area to try. I have tried C-B in 9mm as well, only to return time and again to Federal Premium or Classic for use in the P-11.

I'll admit, cost is a HUGE factor. It's very hard to justify 2, 3, sometimes 5 dollars per 20 rounds in extra expense just to practice and judge reliability in my gun...so I turn to places like this for advice. At the end of the day, I feel I am going to survive a potential encounter by using Federal H-S's and proper shot placement. But sometimes...I feel like I'm shortchanging myself by not ordering enough rounds of Triton, Proload and Cor-Bon in 9mm and .40 S&W, in large enough quantities that I could test it in each of the 8 pistols in the safe.

Boy, would the UPS guy get a hernia that day.

Who can afford to test ammo like that? Gunrags, maybe, but not me. I'm scraping pennies as it is...

------------------
-stark-
http://www.23x.com/stark/guns

[This message has been edited by stark (edited August 22, 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back