Cooper C&B revolver

Before anyone rushes into setting up to make Cooper copies, be advised that while externally they look like a Colt, the lockwork is basically a combination of British ideas, and modifying Colt repro production to make Coopers would probably be both expensive and not cost effective.

Jim
Nobody is rushing to make Cooper cap and ball revolvers, or ANY cap and ball revolvers not offered currently.

Trust me.

There is no room in the percussion revolver market to make these oddball designs. The reason Pietta makes quite a few different and somewhat unique Confederate contract revolvers like the above mentioned Dance Bros. is simply because they are so close to either the Colts or Remingtons they currently make so little to no need to retool and design/test new parts and frames.

I think some people don't understand the investment in time and money to recreate such different actions as the Adams and Coopers, or the numerous other revolvers used during the Civil War other the Colts and Remingtons, that these companies would have to commit to... and for what? To sell maybe a couple dozen a year to the handful of people who even know what the guns are?

Trust me, I would LOVE to see NEW (well old of course) designs offered, but it won't happen. Thankfully we do have a good bit of variety as is, so it's not all bad.

Back