Converted Ruger old army

Howdy Matty,
I live in the sticks of southern Indiana, right by the Ohio River.
Right now I just finished my breakfast and am in the dinning room having coffee and shooting blackbirds off my bird feeder. I use mainly a .22 rifle for this but if a flock comes in, it is the 12 gauge shotgun.
My range is out back of my shed where I have a steel cable stretched out across a cut out in the hill side where I hang plastic bottles and shoot at them. Once in a while one even gets hit.
I love my stainless Ruger Old Army, easy clean up with 777.
I have quite a collection of blackpowder revolvers that I use to play Clint Eastwood. The bottles are the bad guys. Hell of a game for a 66 year old little boy.
Wish you were here,
Lee

Last edited:
Hey there Lee,
If you meant to make me jealous as hell then it worked. I am sat here looking at the calendar for my next chance to shoot and i can make twice a week if i'm lucky, The chance to shoot out of the back garden sounds like heaven, Even if i was sat in the garden cleaning my gun i reckon some nosy neighbour would call the police and they would be here in minutes.

Yep i've heard that triple 7 is pretty good stuff, I don't suppose you guys need a nitro converted revolver, You can just go out and buy a cartridge revolver....Still dreaming of that Gen 3 Glock 17 :rolleyes:

Yea me to.:eek:
I have to drive 2 miles:eek:. But its getting
to hot to shoot now, only a couple more weekends
now and thats it:(. Thats the down side of liveing in
the desert, its not all hunky dorey. Bring on the rain.:cool:
Matty from the uk will think i am dumb but when it rains my
wife and i go and stand out in it:D. its a novulty to us.:D

The Izzak Walton League property is just 8 miles from my house, so I usually try to make a day of it by having a few C&B revolvers, maybe my .54 Hawken, .45ACP, &/or the .22 for the lil ones.
Can't shoot from my yard, live too close to my neighbors, but I do get to sling a few arrows out back though "they don't seem to mind it till it makes noise."

Hey Long rider if you like the rain so much you should move back here, My mate was carp fishing in Sheffield the other day and was almost flooded out by 2 days worth of the stuff. :D

This is our house. Sorry it is so big, I don't know much about posting pictures here. My nearest neighbor is about a half a mile from me and he shoots as much as I do.
Not a day goes by that I don't shoot some type of a gun. For down right fun, I have to go with the Itlaian cowboy guns. Just brings out the little kid in me.

4tatw6u.jpg

Back