Convert Ruger MKIII to 6.5 Creedmore

uh...... have fun....with....that?
really not sure what to do with this so I'll respond like it's a serious post.
1. you can't
2. why would you?
3. you would be better off just buying a cheap bolt gun already chambered in 6.5 Creedmore.
4. you can't
4. I hope you have a lathe, a drill press, a lot of money and a lot of free time on your hands.

I've not seen anything about the 6.5 Creedmore. Must be a new round and if designed to work with the MKIII just might work. The 6.5 Creedmoor will never fit though.

Are you just insane?

I believe that he is merely the adventurous type who champions unlikely causes. the flying car and the personal submarine have worked.

If a 1911 can be set up to fire the .308 win, maybe a 6.5 C could be fit into a ruger.

tumblr_nu11vdYqpa1rvhbxso1_640.jpg

found on pinterest, original creator unknown, possibly an old pachmayr publicity photo.

I would imagine weight would make the thing unpackable. I mean the steel or cement wall between my body and whichever hand I chose to sacrifice lighting that thing off with would be rather cumbersome to lug around. Probably impact accuracy as well.

I'll probably be slapped topside of the head for this,
OP wouldn't it be safer and just as rewarding if you converted a Ruger #6904
to accept the 6.5mm Creedmoor?

O/P you ROCK! For years iv'e been wanting to convert my MK III to 460 S&W mag . The ONLY thing stopping me is how to get those 460 bullets stuffed into the mags !

I really wanted to see proof on concept designs or something, it's a neat idea and everyone just bagging on the OP should consider how many "ridiculous" conversions actually work.

Back