Consider the aftermath

I never forget, and I forgive only when a person's behavior indicates that they understand that they were wrong; To forgive and forget under other circumstances is insane. And believe me, our enemies have no intention of ever forgetting or forgiving the fact that we've opposed them; If they prevail, every known member of a pro-gun organization is going to be under legal suspicion for the rest of their lives, and I wouldn't rule out, as a worst case scenario, death camps. (Assuming we don't go down peacefully, they'll feel fully justified in it.)

Sorry to pipe up again...but I am fond of pointing out to those who'd like all guns banned:

1.Make the penalties stiff enough, and more people would take a chance in a shootout rather than do 10-15.

2.Make penalties for handguns stiff enough, and enough people will go to using Stens because

a)Might as well get hanged for something potent

b)That SMG would make option 1 more likely to succeed.

At this point, I abide by the laws to avoid being killed. Any illusions about the laws being for my or even "public" benefit have long since evaporated.

Now consider such sentiments combined with people who are actually capable of doing damage. As a friend pointed out, civil disobidience can be *nasty* without guns, expolosives or anything other than a a brick or a phone.

------------------
Cornered Rat
ddb.com/RKBA Updated March 20
"Disarm, then past the barbed wire, into the oven and out of the smoke-stack..."

Back