Condition and Appearance of CMP M1911A1's

I would be surprised if most of these weren't mix and match in terms of parts from different companies after all these years.

And this is a part of the history of these pistols.

Some collectors understand that, and some don't.

TunnelRat said:
I would be surprised if most of these weren't mix and match in terms of parts from different companies after all these years.
Fishbed77 said:
And this is part of the history of these pistols.

Some collectors understand that, and some don't.
I"ll be surprised if many SERIOUS COLLECTORS will be acquiring CMP 1911s.

The serious collectors I've known or dealt with want guns that are in very good condition, with matching numbers/parts -- guns that don't look like they've been dragged behind a Jeep on a gravel road. Most of these collectors wouldn't look twice if they came across guns that matched the CMP descriptions posted earlier.

If you want a government-issued gun, you might want to wait until they start showing up on one of the auction sites. While you may pay more that way, at least you'll have pictures and a good idea of what you're buying!

And this is a part of the history of these pistols.
History is based on facts,otherwise is fantasy.
CMP is selling a fantasy not history,these arms have no documented history and have been repaired or otherwise rebuilt with commercial parts.The many speculators who will buy them are hoping to cash in on the demand for genuine
WWII relics.

Back