Concealed carry & Open carry & ??????? carry

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's open carry (FLASHING)

Your state laws may vary, but Nebraska state law defines concealed carry as having absolutely no part of the gun visible.
Pretty much the same for Iowa except that we do have Open-Carry and what the OP has described, falls under the open carry law. ..... :rolleyes:

Iowa has had open carry for many years and when you look at it, it's really more for the convenience of the of the LEO's. Let's say a fella has a loose shirt that has mostly been covering his handgun. The wind blows his shirt open. A citizen or Liberal, will contact the police. Most of the time, the police won't respond to this "Nuisance" call because it was in the open carry condition and that is legal. Even if this happened in a bar, It's legal until he has gone over the legal limit. ...... ;)

I refer to it as "Flashing" but that is not a legal term. Open carry is ..... :cool:

Be Safe !!!

The cops in Sioux Falls SD told me that if the weapon is partially concealed in any way(i didn't ask but I assume this excludes the holster) then it is considered concealed. At the time I was open carrying but my jacket was over my gun kind of. This was then concealed carry

It's called flashing.

When your gun is sort of concealed but the jacket flaps open in the wind.

It's a stupid thing to do as you lose your element of surprise (the concealed gun) yet your drawing speed is not helped (as would a open carry gun.)

I'd OC only when I'm hunting, hiking, or fishing (where legal.) Otherwise I'd keep it concealed.

Deaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back