concealability of Glock 19

o-town

how concealable would the Glock 19 be under a t-shirt using an IWB holster while wearing shorts? Thanks for the help

Your height, size & physique are the Wild Cards here? If you are willing to wear the appropriate sized clothing it probably won't prove a problem. Am 6'2" and can easily CCW a G21 in an IWB so long as wear a Polo or T-Shirt an extra size larger in the Heat & Humidity of the NE's Summers.

G19

The great thing about the G19 is that it is small enough to stick in the docker pocket if you have to. The G19 is the ultimate compramise.

Too small to be combat, although the NYPD would argue, and too big to hide in your shorts, yet when the chips are down, the G19, will conceal in just about any getup with some imagintion with combat effectiveness.

When I can, I take the G19 with .124+P Gold Dots.

Biggest problem with that is if the shorts don't have a belt or aren't tight, the gun will pull them down. Also, make sure you don't sweat on the gun, and if you do, make sure to clean it immediately after use. Otherwise, no problem.

I find the G19 to be the best combination that Glock has offered to date.

I'm pretty far from a little guy (6'3", 275 lbs.), so I can pretty much carry what I want. I also wear a coat and tie on a daily basis, which makes it that much easier.

I would second the comment about a belt, though. There's just enough heft to that G19 to bring your shorts down around your ankles. That's not always a BAD thing, mind you :D, but for CCW purposes it would be a real drag.

It may not print when in an upright standing position, but it will if you bend over or the shirt gets pulled tight. Summer carry is a pain in the butt. Actually, I don't like summer anymore just because it's hard to carry. You really need something smaller if you want to dress normal and still carry. A fanny pack is a good option as long as it's not too big. The big ones scream gun, plus they look sissyish. I've decided to use the fannypack method simply because there no other way to carry an effective sidearm without it in the summertime. You may however have the proper build to pull it off. Good luck.

I definately can't carry a fannypack, I'm 21, and I would look like a tool (no offense to the fanny pack carriers!)

Why the G19?

Unless you're planning on spending top dollar for prebans I'd skip the G19 and take a hard look at the G26. The G26 holds ten rounds just like the G19, it's shorter all around, but it's just as if not more accurate. Even if you add finger extensions it's still a lot easier to carry. Recoil is about the same or less on the G26 because of the double spring guide rod. Here's some good information http://www.remtek.com/arms/glock/model/9/26/index.htm

I'm with Tecolote. Why carry a G19 if you don't have Pre-ban magazines. The Size of the G26 or a Sig P239 would be a better choice IMHO.
I agree that it can be 'stuffed' into a pocket, but everyone in the world is going to recognize the outline.

o-town, I think the G19 is roughly the same size as the HS2000. If that helps you out. Sounds to me like you are looking for a moderately easy to conceal AND fun to shoot gun. I think the G19 is a good gun. I almost wish I had, but maybe you need a single stack 9mm. Maybe a Sig 225 or a Walther P5 type gun? Possibly even a Browning Hi Power. Thats pretty easy to conceal and fun to shoot

o-town, I've been carrying for years G-19/32 in various IWB holsters. I like Kydex myself, just use shirts that are a size bigger than normal.Another option i use when i'm in beach shorts or doing athletic stuff is a Sport Holster by Active Body Holster, CO. Of course my concelability has gotten better since i lost 20 lbs of love handels.

Someone offered to sell me their G19. I might be able to get it for 450 with 2 bar nightsites in the back and a dot nightsight in the front. He will also give me a preban hicap mag, and the gun is finished in a self lubricating tenefer. Now does this make more sense for CCW?

o-town:

All double-stack Glocks are relatively thick. You can conceal a Glock 19, but it will be more difficult than something like a Kahr K9 (which is about as thin as they come).

The standard Glock tenifer finish is an excellent finish but it isn't self-lubricating. That said, a Glock doesn't need a whole lot of lube (a drop or two in each channel on the slide, another drop spread around the barrel and barrel hood and that should just about do it).

M1911

Not sure what you're asking

"Now does this make more sense for CCW?"

What are you asking that you're getting a good price or if the price makes it more sensible for CCW? I'd still opt for a G26. But that's your call. Either way you can't go wrong.

M1911 is right on the money. Tenifer isn't self lubricating. Are you talking about an aftermarket Teflon finish?

Gee, that sounds like the way I carry mine. :D You need to be seen wearing t-shirts that are 1-2 sizes to big. Don't worry, it's in style now. Why do you think gangbangers wear the clothes they do? ;)

Back