Conceal and carry gear for those who are not skinny

I'm round -- 5'7" and about 220 lb. I prefer IWB carry because it's easier to conceal. And the trick to making that work comfortably is the right size trousers. I like mine a bit loose anyway.

Here I'm wearing an H&K P7M8 in a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2:

IMG_0295a_2.jpg

For OWB carry, here I'm wearing a Nighthawk Talon III (Officer size frame and Commander size slide) in a Milt Sparks Axiom:

IMG_0528_2.jpg

A good, stout belt helps a lot. And I find leather a lot more comfortable than kydex, especially IWB

Notice that frank is wearin trousers around his natural waist line, this makes iwb carry easy. It takes a real man to buy britches for his actual wais size. I am not that man:D but if you want to carry iwb as a fat man, that is what you gotta do

I'm new here and have been carrying and shooting for about a year now. I carry my G22 in a Crossbreed Supertuck at about the 2:00 position with comfort (I have a Beltman gun belt to hold things up). I also have a Galco that I wear at the same position. I'm 5'7" and 220lbs and am comfortable with both holsters.

What is up with shirts from 5.11 Tactical that are CC shirts? What do they offer? Are they made to just cover up a IWB holster or do they have special pockets? If they are just meant to cover up pistols then that could be an option.

The 5.11 Tactical my wife bought me has a small inside pocket with velcro for a small revolver or something like an XDS.

Back