Conceal and carry gear for those who are not skinny

Derekc294

Lets face it not everyone is a 30 inch waist. What do the big boys carry? I have been looking at several iwb options and they don't seem to fit all that well. Carry of choice is an XD45 or Glock 22.
Thanks guys

Remember that all of those rolls of fat cause sweat, and that can cause havoc on your firearm. Keep it oiled up, or put it in a baggie to keep the moisture out. I'm not sure what butt cheese will do, but it's worth watching out for.

This coming from a fat guy with nothing else better to do than smart off.

I am not trying to be a jerk, but be sure your pants are the right size. I see a lot of guys trying to squeeze into pants a size too small and then complain that IWB holsters are uncomfortable. Also, be sure to get a good gun belt to properly support everything.

speaking as a fat guy, I carry strong side, thumb break, high ride, outside the waist band. IWB is tough for a fat man, the love handle pushes the grip further out because most fat guys wear their pants a little lower than the skinny man. The best way to conceal said rig is with the infamous hawiian flowery shirt!

I was 285 lbs. with a 48 waistline. 25 years ago when I started to carry conceal. That reason made gave me the desire to loose the pounds, and to wear better CC holsters.
Got tired of useing a shoulder carry bad. Too girley looking.

And for better health reasons.
Today I'm at 180 lbs. with a 36 waistline, and still trying different CC holster options. But lot more easy.
Got rid-of and sold the girley bag. But the clothing is still baggy wear.

I gave up on IWB, could not find one that felt comfortable, I swithed to either carrying my Kahr PM9 in a pocket holster inside my front pocket, or my G19 in a Galco SOB holster just above right rear pocket.

I don't like IWB either it just does'nt feel comfortable. I'm at work in the office with a LCP in my back pocket and a Springfield Armory Champion Loaded in a OWB holster with my shirt tail untucked. Works for me.

For over-weight, large waistlines - The Galco SOB is a good option choice.
Can be worn over the right hip with no problem.
Expensive but like everything these days. Try gunbroker.com has best auction prices.

I have a Galco SOB for my 4" 1911...so, are you guys saying the SOB should be worn offset to one side or another? Makes more sense from the standpoint that the belt can pass through all the loops on my jeans - providing better support for the weapon/holster. Just verifying...

HAHAHA Great thread! I, too, am a hefty carrier. I just got my CCW not too long ago this past fall. I have been using a Blackhawk Kydex holster under an over shirt or jacket. I guess if I can't find a more concealable, comfortable carry option for my Glock 17 before the hot weather gets hotter, I might just shove my ol' ladies LC9 in my front pocket!

Being a member of the 3x club I carry a 1911 Gov. model in a OWB holster. My pants are big enough in the waist so I don't want to get even bigger pants to acommadate a IWB holster.

Remember that all of those rolls of fat cause sweat, and that can cause havoc on your firearm. Keep it oiled up, or put it in a baggie to keep the moisture out. I'm not sure what butt cheese will do, but it's worth watching out for.

This coming from a fat guy with nothing else better to do than smart off.

I shower daily so the fumundercheese is a non issue:D and thats what soap and H2O are for:eek:

Back