Compound Bows...

THE bow for YOU

Fett Tracking--Sounds like you have a winner there! Were I you, I'd snap it up!

Remember, it's not what anybody else thinks that matters--It's how the bow works for YOU that's important. You have almost a physical relationship with it.

Now, when you get it home, make that lifestyle change: Take 1/2 hour, shoot the darn thing a dozen times EVERY DAY! Not 50 times once a week. That'll make an archer of you.

Oh, BTW, one other expense you should incur, right away: Get yrself a good hard case for yr bow. An SKB or similar will keep it from getting damaged as it bounces around with all the junk in yr car trunk. Hard cases aren't cheap, but they're a darn sight cheaper than buying a brand-new bow you hadn't planned on! Also, you will accumulate a bunch of "archery junk," small tools, spare parts, and whatnot, that you'll want with you in yr car whenever travel with yr bow. A small, cheap, fishing tackle box or tool box or something would be a good idea for keeping that stuff. (I use a .50 cal ammunition box, myself, but anything with a carrying handle works.)

Enjoy yr new lifestyle! :)

Ok I listened and watched and I agree with some of the folks above on some of the items. You have received quite alot of good advice. You made your choice by going to a pro shop. I worked at a bow shop for 5 years. I have fitted folks for bows and repaired/replaced bows for many people over those short 5 years.
You know what you are going to use the bow for. Buy a bow for that.
Good advice on the bow case! Don't skimp on that.
Don't leave your bow in the case, in the sun. I am in the south and it will melt the wax right off of your string and warp your limbs.
Practice with regularity. Good advice about a dozen arrows a day. You should work your way up to whatever skill level you desire.
Good advice about broad heads traveling in a seperate container. Never hunt anything with your bow unless you use RAZOR SHARP BROADHEADS. I use Muzzy and have taken my fair share of small and large deer with them. My hunting buddy uses NAP Spitfire expandable broadheads. His choice and I have seen clean pass-thru shots from him on nice deer. I have never seen one pass thru a hog though. I recommend fixed blade broadheads. Thunderhead, Muzzy, Crimson Talon, Montec G5.
40 lbs pull minimum for deer hunting and 20 yard max shot at that poundage.
Enjoy your experience with the bow and you will shoot it longer. Share that fun with a kid! Neighbor hood kid or relative, it doesn't matter. You might just find yourself a shooting partner.

Back