Component Sightings

Well, I just got back from a long trip. I only saw primers in Hamilton MT at a store connected to BVAC/Armscor. They had 5-10 boxes at $100 each. I passed.

They had maybe 20% of normal ammo supply. Picked up hunting loads for my BIL.

Otherwise, no primers and little powder….some ammo coming back at high prices.

I have been able to get a fair amount of primers and powder. at dillionsreloading.com. Hodgdon.com also gets powder in stock a lot. Midsouth has had primers the last couple of days but compared to dillionsreloading.com their prices are outrageous.

Midway Usa has CCI No 41 primers, I bought a brick 89.99 before hazmat and tax, I was hoping they had powder. In these times ill pay 89.99 for 1000 primers better than not having any.

On 7/17 Bass Pro had large primers . . .

Was at Bass Pro in St. Louis yesterday. They had large primers for both pistol and rifle ammo. $75 a brick. I took a pass. Still have some on hand.

Life is good
Prof Young

So I’ve noticed lately that local retailers that they seem to be getting shipments of primers about every other week, but smokeless powders are virtually non existent with exception of Titewad shotgun powder. Have you folks noticed that too? Wondering

Vihtavouri N133 powder at Grafs

Received notice today available in one pound kegs. Was surprised they have a four pound minimum. Jumped on it

So I’ve noticed lately that local retailers that they seem to be getting shipments of primers about every other week, but smokeless powders are virtually non existent with exception of Titewad shotgun powder. Have you folks noticed that too? Wondering

Titewad is an excellent powder for .45acp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powder Valley has Accurate #9 and H-110 in stock right now .
https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/product/accurate-9/
https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/product/hodgdon-h110/

I had been wanting to switch over to #9 because you get more loads on average then H-110 but like I did with the CFE pistol I could not bring my self to buy a new powder resulting in the need to work up loads , so I bought 8# of H-110 . EDIT I had listed out all my pistol powders including quantities but realized that was a bad idea , either way I think I have enough pistol powder to last the rest of my life . Now if I only had something to ignite all that powder with LOL .

FWIW - Missouri Bullets is shipping much faster now , instead of 14 weeks shipping delay they say 4 weeks now and I ordered some 44mag and 30-30 bullets on Monday and they shipped out today .
https://missouribullet.com/

Last edited:
My local CAL Ranch store in Casa Grande has had CCI 500 primers on the shelf to a week now, selling one box of 100 per day for $5.99. I gladly pay it, walk in ask for my "daily primers". They still had some yesterday. Also had HS-6 powder and Winchester 748 powder, both just under $40 with tax.

As of 26 minutes ago, Bruno Shooter's Supply had three kinds of CCI primers, #34, #41. #450 on a first-come-first-serve no-limit basis. Right now they are down to #34 only. Very expensive, at $550 for 5000 plus hazmat, but they are there for the desperate.

BEWARE. I came across a website based in Alaska called Raniersec.com. Prices are really an eye opener. Hornady 7mm ELD-X for $24.91 a box of 100; Winchester Shotgun shells for $4.95/25. Whole ton of various stuff. Nice photo of the building. Won't accept personal credit cards,only Bitcoin or Vanilla and Amazon Gift cards. Checked it out on scam reviewers and it IS a scam. "Customers" gave it a 100% poor rating. One spent $1500 in bitcoin and received zero goods. Another used a gift card and an hour later saw the thing drop to zero with unrelated purchases. Turns out the building photo is from a legitimate but unrelated place in Utah.

I've been watching PV just about every day to catch powder for sale and it appears there prices are edging up . Now I don't have a direct comparison but I just looked at a 8# jug of IMR-4198 for $240 . That's the highest price 8# jug of anything not Vihtavuori I've seen there .

In keeping with the thread topic Powder valley has

IMR4198
H-335-GONE
HP-38
H-110
HS-6 and others instock as of this posting

I just got notice from Powder Valley that 2 items I had on backorder are ready to ship if I still want them. It was 8 lbs of 5744 and Bullseye. These aren't listed on their website yet but I bet they just got a shipment in and they haven't updated yet. Usually when they update their site a number of items get added all at once so I'd be willing to bet later today they will have new stuff in stock. Based on my backorder I bet they will have new Alliant and Accurate powders available shortly.

Bought a thousand CCI small pistol primers for $42 at Sportsman’s Warehouse. They had LPP At the same price too but had a one brick limit. I keep coming across primers sporadically & I’m getting a good supply stocked back up slowly & not getting gouged.

Third Generation Shooting Supply

I just ordered 3 boxes of berger bullets and 5 one pound cfe 223 powder from these guys in Oklahoma, not sure how legit they are, his prices seem to good to be true, and they dont tell you the shipping and hazmat costs up front, I called and talked to them, they said they were not that high and I would be billed for them when the order ships, but they didn't waste time charging my CC for 293.00 dollars.

Back