Complete novice planning a shooting trip over a month; what to expect?

Ok, I've decided a rough itinerary. I'll be entering and leaving the US from Boston, MA, where I'll be meeting a friend and taking a few tours of the place. Feel free to recommend any ranges nearby, and if you're able to join me :)

After this I'll be making my way down south to Raleigh, NC to meet more friends I've made on another forum. If there's time I'll pop over to Tennessee; if it's easier to shoot say, .50 BMGs there it might be worth making the time.

After the month is up, I'll get flights back to Boston and return home. Any advice on great newbie-friendly ranges with rental firearms I can check out?

Massachusetts is one of the least gun-friendly states in the U.S. I suppose there must be some public ranges there with rental guns, but whether or not they'll rent to someone on a tourist visa is debatable.

You'll probably have better luck in Connecticut -- which is conveniently on the way to North Carolina.

AB is right. I haven't visited the northeast in many years, but I do try to keep up on the rough outlines of their gun laws. MA (Massachusetts) is strongly anti-gun. I'd suggest heading on down to CT (Connecticut), or perhaps even PA (Pennsylvania).

Noted, thanks! My friend's promised to show me around Boston and it's very well-connected so it's a good starting point.

For most of the actual shooting I'll be checking out the options on the way and in NC. I'll try and time it for an Appleseed there too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back