Common Sense Quotes & Truisms

Kodiac

* Never Squat with your Spurs on.
* Don't mess with something that ain't bothering you.
* If you find your self in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.
* The easiest way to eat Crow is while it's still warm. The colder it gets the harder it is to swallow.
* If you get to thinkin' your a person of influence, try ordering somebodey else's dog around.
* Always take a good look at what your about to eat. It's not import to now what it is, but it's crucial to know what it was.
* Never miss a good chance to shut up.
* Never get into a stinking match with a skunk.
* Deja Moo - I've heard this bull before.
* Never ask how stupid some one is - cause they'll turn around and show you.
* It doesn't take a genious to spot goat i a flock of sheep.
* Don't worry about bitin' off more than you can chew; your mouth is probably a whole lot bigger than you think it is.
* Always drink upstream from the heard.
Letting the cat out of the bag is a lot easier than putting it back in.
* The biggest trouble maker you'll ever deal with watches you shave his face every morning.

Rich with the first "Yogi-ism"

* Never ask a barber if you need a haircut.

[This message has been edited by Kodiac (edited 10-28-98).]

God gave you two ears, but only one mouth, because its twice as important to listen.

Never take life too seriously, no one gets out alive anyway.

I'd rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Yogi-ism? As in Jellystone Park? Similar to a Boo-boo, only bigger?

I'm confused. I'da sworn that was the immortal line the copilot used to garner a few seconds of time before the onset of the melee in the pig-flop methane producing caves beneath Bartertown. The latter being the social hub containing that institution of spectacles, analogous to the Coliseum of Ancient Rome, the Thunderdome, in which the protagonist's compassion resulted in his being sentenced in accordance with the social rule: "Bust a deal and face the wheel." Thereby rendering the title of this social and artistically significant piece, "Beyond Thunderdome"

[This message has been edited by Mykl (edited 10-28-98).]

I love cats. Especialy BBQed.

Promote world Peace. Kill someone who irritates you.

Dont dial while you drive.

Dont play the sterio louder than the horn of a semi-truck.

Never hand load while your tired.

Yup, Kodiac, that's our Mykl.

Personally, I'm still ROFLMAO over his last quip in the Plan B thread. Howard Stern woulda taken another miliion dollar fine over that one.....if the FCC guys could figure it out. Took me bit of mental wrangling.
smile.gif

Rich

Keep honking- I'm reloading.

When the phone rings, answer it.

Never criticise a man 'till you've walked a mile in his shoes. Then, you'll be a mile away, and he won't catch you while barefoot.

[This message has been edited by Spectre (edited 10-29-98).]

There are many ways to skin a cat, but it helps if its dead.

Never underestimate the ability of a moron.

If you invent something that is fool-proof...someone will invent a better fool.

Beware of the man with one gun...he probly knows how to use it.

I can run faster scared than you can pissed!

The Computer: Things of tomorrow irritating us today.

For ALL gun owners - If it aint broke, don't fix it ! For ALL Glock owners - Ugly is , as ugly owns For ALL Hunters - If you love something set it free. If it comes back it's yours. If it doesn't HUNT IT DOWN & KILL IT ! My momma always told me a 1911 is like a box of choclates - You never know what your gonna get once it's outa the box (some are sweet and some are sour)...HS

<font color=red>...</font> Life is like money. The more you stay quiet, the more they think you have more. <font color=red>...</font>

Its easy to wash the dishes, but easier to throw them out.
A little mildew never killed anybody!
No good deed goes unpunished.
Nature is a Mother.
If it's stupid but it works it's not stupid.
The golden rule; he who has the gold makes the rules.
If your feeling good don't worry you'll get over it.
If it jams force it-if it breaks it needed to be replace anyway.

"If it bleeds, we can kill it." A line from a little movie starring the newly elected governor of MN.

Laws and sausage have one thing in common: both are unpleasant to watch being made (I forgot the original author of this nifty saying).

Back