"Commemorative" '94s

Thanks, Tony Z
Getting that good of a group with iron sights was a real shock to me. Something about the sights just makes them easier to see than some of the iron sighted rifles I have. A lot of fun, and store bought ammo is still pretty inexpensive for .30-30.

I could probably still see the sights on a 24" M94, especially with a peep.
Actually, if you use a target aperture on a tang sight, the small aperture close to your eye helps keep the front sight and target clear and sharp. It's due to the optical principle called 'Depth of Field' and it works astoundingly well.

Try this on your shooting glasses. It's a piece of electrical tape, cut with a hole punch, with a tiny hole in the middle. Stick it where you sight through to aim and you'll be astounded how clear everything is and the fact that the black tape seems to disappear too.

o6qhpOv.jpg

NRA shoots great !!!

It's just an opinion and we all know what they are worth. I have handled and shot a handful of Commemoratives and out of the box that NRA, has exceeded my expectations. ….. :)

Yes, I shoot Commemoratives as I feel that every dog deserves, one good bight. I have restored a number of Wall-hangers and shoot them as well. .. :confused:

Be Safe !!

I shoot a Theodore Roosevelt commemorative in silhouette. Very accurate and a soft shooter, the weight really helps control recoil. The long sight radius really helps on accuracy. I shoot pretty hot loads and have shot as many as 100 rounds in a day of silhouette shooting and my shoulder doesn't hurt at the end of the day.

I recently had the opportunity to examine a collection of twelve 1894 Commemoratives donated to a local museum. Quality ranged from excellent with beautiful wood to about ordinary and not above a standard firearm. I don't own any Commemoratives but would be tempted by one in the right caliber without too much bling.

Back