Comfort issue with holster

IWB all leather no plastic I wear UBGholsters.com and have for years . I take naps with holster and pistol on . Almost for get its their .

My UBG holsters carry 1911's from full size to compact, Kahr CW9, KelTec, PF-9 Bersa thunder , PPK/s . .

Cheapshooter,

My issue isn't really about drawing, it is about the holster itself not fitting my body comfortable. The draw is great how I have it set up but the holster causes me pain when wearing

This is what I was referring to. With more forward cant it might make drawing possible with the holster moved back to a more comfortable position. It worked for me with a bad shoulder, hip replacement, but a whole lot more body mass.
It is not an option to wear the holster nearer to my back/spine, although it conceals even better and is alot more comfortable, I cannot reach my arm that far back to draw well.

For IWB, I never liked the hybrids. The Blade-Tech Klipit Ambi works well for me at 4:30 whether I carry my LC9 or SD9VE.

That said, I prefer my OWB holsters for most carry situations. I have a Desantis Thumbbreak Scabbard for the LC9 and a custom kydex rig for my SD9VE from Alameda Holsters. I've been impressed with the quality, and I plan to get one for the LC9 when the Desantis wears out.

http://alamedacustomholsters.com/

Of course, a good belt is essential. I like the Frequent Flyer Belt with 5-Stitch from Wilderness Tactical.

I am not that thin. I wear a 34" waist at an even 6'. I wear a desantis all leather speed tuck/super tuck (something like that) at either 4:30 or appendix, depending on need. I also have a soft leather Galco for my G30 I wear at both positions. The thing to remember is IWB holsters take a bit of room for the pants to get around. At 3:00, the body is already occupying that space; there is a bit of an opening in front of or behind the hip bone. I don't buy bigger pants just to carry, and I live in Florida so I dress light.
An IWB may not be your best option for a 3:00 position.

try fist holsters

i bought a crossbreed super tuck and had similiar issues with it don't get me wrong it is a great holster it just did not work for me and the way i carry.
as of now i carry a glock 26 gen4 and i use a fist k6 holster in the 3:00 position, it is a simple no frills no thrills kydex holster.
the holster is made from a thin kydex so it does not add a lot of bulk to your weapon.
the holster rides low inside/on the waistband which is what i like. it might not win any fashion shows but so far i have had no problems with the one i have purchased. i had purchased some other clips for different mounting and i find i like the belt loop mounting clip the best.

Back