Colt Woodsman Doesn't Extract

I didn't mean to suggest that there was anything dangerous about a Woodsman shooting MiniMags.

MiniMags are not very accurate compared to the subsonic "standard" mid-grade ammunition. I have yet to see a rabbit or squirrel that can tell the difference between what kind of .22 rimfire bullet they get hit with (other than the Paco-ized semi-wadcutters and the tool is too dear for me to buy)

CCI Stingers have a longer case than regular, so if there is crud in the chamber or it's a tight match chamber- those can be sticky.

As people said, a really good cleaning is in order... careful chamber scrub with copper chore boy and careful attention to the extractor.

I really am serious... only clean the bore every 1,000 rounds. I clean the breach area with a soft patch and q tip every couple hundred rounds. A .22 target pistol truly gains accuracy as the barrel "seasons".. so don't scrub your accuracy away.

From a sandbag, your goal of half inch groups can be done at 50'.

I don't claim I know its not an extraction problem. Itt might be an extraction problem,BUT

Its a blowback gun. What propels the slide to the rear? (The cartridge case)

If there was no extractor in the gun,the cartridge case should still come out of the chamber as the slide comes back.

If there was no extractor in the gun,the brass should just drop and get in the way.

If the xractor is working perfectly,it holds the spent case on the breech face until the ejector kicks it out.

If the ejector does nothing,the brass stays on the breech face and is reinserted into the chamber.

I'm not saying I know whats going on,but I offer you something to think about.

If,during firing,the brass stays fully seated in the chamber,there is no reason for the slide to come back

Back