Colt Walker

Seems as though the owner

is trying to be as honest as possible.

Since, according to him, it is really a junker, I wonder if he would take less for it.

You would think he could see an ASM somewhere under the loading lever. A box with letters or Roman numerals. Even my ASM kit had markings on it.

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com

PS. Ben, there are two kinds of people in this world my friend, those that know Tuco lines and those that don't!!

Last edited:
It may be there and he doesn't know what it means. The only ones I can think of that made Walkers were Uberti, ASM and Palmetto. Of those three ASM is the only one that doesn't use a distinctive logo and in many cases doesn't even use all the ASM letters.

Hawg.....

ASM used a kind of stylized big "A" with the "S" and the "M" embedded as logo toward the end of their production.

My ASM Walker has it on the left side of the frame near the lug.

I agree with others who are saying the owner may not know. In his narrative he speaks of shooting the pistol for 20 years. But his description of the pistol does not seem to include the factors or features that a person with that experience would see as important.

It does not inspire confidence in his ability to accurately portray the pistol. I am implying a fairly serious charge against the owner and I will be the first to apologize if I am ever proven wrong.

I'm just sayin.

Last edited:
I am going oout on a limb here but....

...I think a loose arbor in a Walker would be a very rare occurence.

On the other hand we don't know because the owner seems to be unwilling or unable to accurately describe the pistol.

I don't see that happening with a Walker either. Thanks for the info Doc. I don't have much hands on experience with ASM's. I do know some of the older ones weren't clearly marked as ASM.

ASM has a bad rep....

But, my limited observation is that at the time they were being manufactured that were ahead of most of their competition.

I have frequently found it hard to find the markings on ASP pistols. When the OP said the pistol was un-named, I thought perhaps it was ASP because of that similarity, but I (just as you said) don't think ASP ever made a Walker.

Palmetto would have been clearly marked and I think Uberti would too.

Perhaps the "hinge" problem is the loading lever slipping out of place. That was a problem with the Walker-hey it was First Generation. Colt corrected that with the Dragoons and later models, I have seen various clips devised by shooters to hold it in place. And given the Walker's heft, firing it target style....

That's a good point about the 'hinge' problem. The seller wouldn't tell me what he meant by it though. You would think after 20 years he would have found how to aim a colt, though it could be THAT inaccurate.

I'm not going to buy from this guy. I'll spend another $80 and get a better used one. He probally used the thing for a hammer:D

Darned shame to miss this deal

If it really is a deal.

Darned shame you can't get answers to specific questions.

I think, in your shoes, I would do the same thing.

Can't you file the lip on the retaining clip below the barrel to grip the loading lever better? I've always heard that at least.

Back