Colt revolver issue assistance.

Sal,
Twice I used smilies in trying to suggest to Straight that working on a V-Spring Colt is not for beginners.

No sarcasm needed from you. If you need to be an ass about it, you can do so in my absence.
The issue has been resolved, the question answered, the gun on its way to a knowledgeable Colt professional gunsmith.
Outa this one.
Denis

I side with Denis on this one.

It's better to have an expert gunsmith worth their magic on these types of things. Trust me. OP made the right decision and avoided a lot of possible frustration.

FFL....

From Snyper: No FFL is needed.
You will have to use UPS or FedEx

That's only true if the gunsmith has an FFL. If the smith does not have an FFL then the gun must ship from/to an FFL. Always the first question I ask when I'm talking to a new smith about sending a gun...

I think it very unlikely that anyone who hangs out his shingle (figuratively or literally) as a gunsmith will not have an FFL. There are serious penalties for working on someone else's gun(s), not to mention shipping/receiving/storing guns, without a federal license. (That does not mean the person is competent, only that he is licensed; he may be a bonehead and incompetent gun butcher, but he will be a licensed bonehead and an incompetent gun butcher.)

Jim

Golly, I thought we were having a civilized difference of opinion, I didn't know about the smiley face rule. Sorry I hurt your stupid feelings Denis.

Just thought I would let you all know. I got my Diamondback back from Frank Glenn in a weeks time and it works like a charm now. Thanks to you guys for advising me to send it to a good Colt gunsmith!

Back