Colt Navy London or third model Dragoon

My pleasure. Now as I recall, he had the '51 earlier in his life, before he had left the South. I don't remember if he continued to carry it later on in life, but he did learn to shoot with one.

Elmer Keith used to shoot squirrels with an 1851 Navy when he was growing up in Missouri. It so happens I just came back from my first range day with a Pietta copy, the one Cabela's is selling for $200. What a hoot! I have heard they shoot high, etc, but this one was right on. Very nicely balanced with just the right amount of weight forward. I also have a Colt C-series that will go along next time. No complaints about the Italian, though. Haven't tried the Dragoon, but I think I might spring for an Italian copy of the 1860 Army. You might consider that if you want a bigger bore. They sell .44 Navy copies, but there never was such a thing back in the day.

Well, you might have more fun with a Dragoon !! Check out Brushhippies latest vid. Shooting a Third Modle Dragoon.
Can't believe he fanned it !!!!!

I have a 3rd gen Colt dragoon serial # 250+/- never fired but polished too much the gold is now off the wedge and frame screws but still looks great-never broken down-bhardy360@aol.com It was a commerotive and only 800+/-were made gold cylinder trigger backstrap etc and silver plated frame and barrel. 550

Back