Colt Model 1908 Pocket Hammerless .380 ACP

Wyoredman -

Not bad at all, especially considering its age, and it's more a lack of bluing on the left side than rust, and won't affect function at all. Should be a lot of fun to shoot.

Do you reload by any chance? Your gun will handle today's commercial loads without a problem, but I like to baby mine with mild handloads that still cycle just fine and put a little less stress on the recoil spring/frame etc. I had a light strike problem with my smaller pistol (the .25 ACP Vest Pocket shown in my first post) that was cured with a replacement firing pin spring.

Thanks guys.

I do reload, but don't have .380 ACP dies.

I plan on posting pics when I get the new grips installed and pics of this old gun at the range when the magazine shows up!

Received the grips and the magazine today. The grips are going to need a bit of fitting, as the two escuchions (washer and nut) are not alowing the grip screw to line up correctly when the new grips are snapped into place. It doesn't look too complicated, but I will post pictures when I get them installed. Yeah!

Sounds good, I also ordered a magazine, received it and it appears to be a perfect match. I'll be shooting the gun in a couple of weeks to make sure.

Here she is with her new grips, magazine, and polish!
2-19-13015_zps945ebb53.jpg

2-19-13014_zpse1c14e97.jpg

Here she is getting tested out! Tried for an action shot, but hard to do by yourself! Fired 50 rounds w/o a single hiccup! Cheap PMC ammo!

2-19-13006_zpsec60c6d1.jpg

2-19-13005_zpsf70dcec8.jpg

Sounds good, I also ordered a magazine, received it and it appears to be a perfect match. I'll be shooting the gun in a couple of weeks to make sure.

I tried my new Triple K magazine a couple of weeks ago and it worked perfectly, no issues whatsoever.

Thanks Spacecoast. My triple K mag has yet to malfunction, 300 rounds down range! I love this little gun. I will buy another, if I ever see one!

Back