Collectibility of older Cab'n'ball revolvers?

I heard from the Rem. Kid last week. He has a tough year too. ongoing health problems and Etc. and he said he'd be back online shortly. Glad to see you back too. Old home week I guess. I haven't been here for a long time either. Glad you're back, Did you get to take your hunting trip?

I have retired, but still doing some partime Equine services and pet sitting around town, keeping me busier than I want right now, but that's life I guess...P.S. it helps buy the toys like the ones oictured....LOL

Dragoon,
I Did Get To Take My Trip To Colorado And Was Able To Take A 650lb Cow Elk At 49 Yrds With My Bow.i Was Very Happy.i Sure Hope Rem Is Doing Better!i Still Shoot My 58's When Time Permits But I Have Also Added 2 1851 44's To My Collection.so Now I Have 2 Colts (repo's),3 1858's,1 1863 31 Cal,and My Ruger Old Army.im Glad To Be Back And Hope To Share And Receive Tips Again.i've Shot Bp Pistols For Many Years But I Picked Up My Best Info Here From You Guys That Really Know Your Stuff!

Is there a listing of makers marks to identify manufacturer on the repro revolvers? I recently picked up a brass framed .36 sort of Colt Navy type, but with round barrel. It was cheap and couldn't pass it up. I found a listing of proof mark dates, and mine dates to 1973 but what appears to be the manufacturers mark is just a circle with odd squiggly lines in it.

Last edited:
No, but on looking further in the bottom of the circle are what appear to be a v notch sight with a front sight lined up in it. I don't know how to describe the lines above the sights, a little like RR but kind of squiggly and out of shape. Sure wish I had some way to post a picture!

Back