CNBC Report on the Rem. 700

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the inventor off a product says he has safety concerns off this design, I take his word on it, not yours.

You can bet that I want buy a 700 or any Remington. If I would have seen this show 2 months ago I would not have bought a 870P either.

I just had my girlfriend talk on the phone to my dad. He checked the manual that came with a rifle he bought for me 24 years ago.

Printed plain as day in bold type all caps. Page 3
DO NOT TRANSPORT, OR CARRY WHILE LOADED. MAKE SURE THE RIFLE IS POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION WHILE LOADING/UNLOADING, OR RELEASING THE SAFTY. FAILURE TO DO SO CAN RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY AND/OR DEATH, AS WELL AS DAMAGE TO PROPERTY.

I own several that where inherited. Have hunted, and/or shot all of them. I have never had a problem with any. I Have NEVER TRUSTED THE SAFTY ON ANY FIRE ARM.

M&P

My point exactly.
A guy screws up and unfortunately his child had to pay the price.
How many BASIC safety rules were broke here?

Just like suing McDonald's because your a fat ass..

Personal responsibility is DEAD, it can't possibly be my fault that a loaded gun was pointed at my child...

Did anyone bother to ask the father what was on his mind?
Remington should sue that guy for not following the instructions on the rifle.

"Do not use this firearm until you have read and understood the manual"

As they say Idiots rule...

I would say most people don't expect a firearm to discharge unless the trigger is pulled, but that does not excuse poor safety. I believe it was the mother who shot the kid.

Not all of them had bubba trigger jobs. It was noted to have happened to a few people. One common denominator in most was 2 issues.
1 While the safty was engaged the trigger was somehow pulled. In the field it can happen. Especialy in tree stands, or moving through heavy brush.
2. Bolt would not open with safty engaged, and the people were attemting to unload the rifle.

They were like "well the safety is on." Then release it to get the boom effect of the sear dropping on a live round.

If this hurts your feelings so be it.

I just hope anyone with a 700 series rifle is aware it can go off without the trigger being pulled.

Rem. 700 trigger

banana: You are either misinformed, illinformed, uninformed, or all the "above". Please google Rem./Walker trigger and read all the information contained therein and then voice an informed opinion!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back