CMP 1911- I'm getting one!

I asked the lady if there was a hand select option and she said I could leave a request on the order. So I politely requested a pre-A1 and a "nice one" if possible.

And to those wondering- yes I plan to shoot it. Might get a box a year through it on special occasions. I'll likely throw some new Wolff springs in it and keep the originals oiled up in the safe.

I asked the lady if there was a hand select option and she said I could leave a request on the order. So I politely requested a pre-A1 and a "nice one" if possible.

If it's anything like Garand orders, you can stick a post-it note on your order with requests that they will try to fulfill if possible.

I requested a WW2 serial back when I ordered my Service Grade Garand in 2012, and they sent me a beautiful Dec. 1944 Springfield.

vepredude said:
And to those wondering- yes I plan to shoot it. Might get a box a year through it on special occasions. I'll likely throw some new Wolff springs in it and keep the originals oiled up in the safe.
Stick a shock buffer in there with the new recoil spring.

Yeah, I will say the parkerizing on mine is nice... I did get a good one. Was kind of hoping for a wartime serial number, but that's okay.

I own a number of 1911s, and have sold a number of them as well. This is definitely one of my favorites for many reasons.

Back