Votes: 1 4.8%
  • G3 (folding stock)

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • AR15

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Czechout.jpg

Probably not the best forum for this, but you need to fine parameters.

In some cases a handgun is best, in others a subgun would be better, and in others it would be a SBR rifle like an M-4 or a P90.

Yeah, I think it would depend on the situation and how close "close" is. :)

In many situations, and with unarmored opponents, I'd take a reliable semi-auto 12 gauge with 00 Buck for maximum stopping power and hit probability. (I know that shotguns need to be aimed, but I still think they're easiest long arm to quickly hit with.) The MP5 would be a better choice if collateral damage was a serious possibility.

If I was up against opponents wearing body armor, I think I'd take the G3 or one of the assault rifles with steel core ammo. The speed of handling wouldn't be the best, but penetration capability would become too important to ignore.

In order-
Unarmored tagets:
  1. H&K MP5-10
  2. 12 ga with either 01 or 00 buck
  3. H&K USP Tactical .45

Soft-armored targets:
  1. G-3 or M-14 scout
  2. P90
  3. FN FiveseveN

Jason

Well how close are we talking? If it's closer then five feet then my trusty tomahawk will work just fine.

Aksu74

I am not sure if people are not aware of AKSU74 which is 5.45x39 caliber with 950rds per minute rate of fire. This perfect for combat in close places due to size and fire power.

That short AK-74 burpgun is certainly a monster, but the M4, AK47, and pretty much all of the rest would also do the job.

If the Thompson was on the list it would be easier for me to choose the best (or at least a modern .45 SMG like the UMP).

A shotgun should also be on the list somewhere.

I am not sure if people are not aware of AKSU74 which is 5.45x39 caliber with 950rds per minute rate of fire. This perfect for combat in close places due to size and fire power.
High rate of fire is good if the shooter can control the weapon and sticks to using controlled bursts. Sure, spraying a room wildly might hit someone, but if the hit isn't in a vital area and your mag suddenly runs empty (which will happen after ~2 seconds of full-auto), then you can be shot while changing mags or changing to your backup handgun.

I'd still prefer a 12 gauge with buckshot against unarmored foes. A reliable semi-auto (or even pump) shotgun will put lead out more quickly than just about anything. If you can shoot the shotgun, say, 2x per second, that's 18 pellets of .33 caliber per second. Killing (not just hitting) quickly is vital in CQB, and that's where the shotgun excels. (Alas, I still don't even own one.)

If you mean the shotgun is not a combat weapon, I think there are quite a few gunslingers fighting in various parts of the world as we speak that would disagree with you.

If you mean it's not a compact weapon, they are not usually any less compact than a full-length AR15, AK47, or AK74.

I've never heard of a "combact" rifle before, but it sounds great. I want one.:D

For "close combat", I think there are quite a few shotguns that would be well suited for that job if you mean the fighting is going to happen within 50 yards. Even at very close range firing one devestating shot could be just as good as half a dozen small rifle rounds.

In CQB, why use a handgun cartridge when you can use a real rifle cartridge?

Why use a rifle cartridge when you can use a shotgun shell?

If I could find one that was still working my first option would be one of these
M10shotgun.jpg

High-Standard Model 10 semi-auto bullpup shotgun (12 ga)

Current battle or tactical rifle that I think is best suited for CQB missions is this one;
FNF2000.jpg

FN's F2000 5.56mm SMG

That FN 2000 look very good!

For close combat like I said before AKSU74 or MP5, but for those who also want power in the bullet nothing beats G3 the newer lighter models with folding stock. I think is G41 and G36. www.remtek.com.

Back