Clinton 'misspoke' over Bosnia sniper claims

You expect honesty from a politician?

What will you expect next, charity from a banker?

And as far as whether or not you think Bush lied, I don't care. And it doesn't matter. I have complete faith in the inability of UN inspectors to find their butt with both hands, so it is no surprise to me that they haven't found WMDs. Besides, if they did, they would be out of a job.

A personal associate of mine spent about a year in Iraq, recovering radioactive material, including Uranium and Cobalt. This never made the news. Saddam might not have had a complete nuclear weapon, but he certainly had nuclear materials, and given enough time, could have turned them into an offensive weapon. Of this I have no doubt.

And remember, those folks over there have been hiding things in the desert for thousands of years. I find the inability of inspectors to find WMDs within a given time frame to be inconclusive, at best.

Now, while the left and right seem to be taking naps, let's steer the thread back on topic.

WRT Hillary's claim of sniper fire, one of the reasons it becomes a critical issue is similar to all of the bickering above.

If she can "misremember" something this significant, then there is valid concerns that she can misremember facts discussed in cabinet briefings on some world hot-spot. This could lead to some seriously ugly consequences.

I don't know about y'all, but one might forget that one landed under sniper fire as an effort to expunge a frightening experience. But seldom do people "remember" events that did not occur at all. Psychologists have a term for that.

If she can "misremember" something this significant, then there is valid concerns that she can misremember facts discussed in cabinet briefings on some world hot-spot. This could lead to some seriously ugly consequences.

I don't see how you misremember sniper fire. Its a lie, everyone knows it, and little can be done to deny it.

Of course, no one died when she lied, yet anyway.

Back