Clinton Factor

I don't know, I think sending Hillary packing will hopefully be enough to sink the Clinton ship, at least as far as the White House goes.

EDIT:

If McCain wins, Hillary will be alive and well to run in 4 years.

If Obama loses, I think there will be enough bad blood to ensure that Hillary never has a realistic shot at the nomination ever again. She'll have to be happy with her Senate seat, and consider herself lucky if she keeps that.

She'll have as much chance at the Democratic nomination as Nader if McCain wins.

I don't know either but think about it---if BO looses, he will have had his chance and HE will be done.
If McCain wins, and then turns out to be a bust, and many in the country are angry with him, he will be vulnerable.
There are so many people that would say " Hillary could have won against McCain" and "we should have run Hillary" etc. etc.
Hillary says---" I told you so" and all this nice nice she is making now---well, as much as she can force herself to do--is not to anger her party--that's all.
In fact, I believe that Hillary and Bill are hoping BO looses---I really do.
Then Hillary will be back in 4 years stronger than ever and did not alienate her party.

If Obama loses, I think there will be enough bad blood to ensure that Hillary never has a realistic shot at the nomination ever again. She'll have to be happy with her Senate seat, and consider herself lucky if she keeps that.

Why?? What has Hillary done??
She has been a good Dem and thrown her support to BO---at least up until today.
Who do you believe is angry with her---as it stands now??
I think the ONLY reason she is playing nice is her concerns about a future run---I believe she couldn't care less about BO.

I think that the Hildebeast will try to steal the party nomination from Obambi at the convention, and failing that, will send out the word to her supporters to verbally support Obambi, but vote for anyone else on the ticket. Hell hath no fury type of thing...

I think that the Hildebeast will try to steal the party nomination from Obambi at the convention, and failing that, will send out the word to her supporters to verbally support Obambi, but vote for anyone else on the ticket. Hell hath no fury type of thing...

Well, as to the former, it appears Clinton released her delegates to vote for Obama. Some are sticking with her, but at 159/35 so far I'm thinking Obama has the nomination pretty safely.

As for the latter? Like I said before, I think there are more than enough misguided toolbags in the Clinton camp that will vote for McCain all on their own...I don't think she'll be sending out any word.

will send out the word to her supporters to verbally support Obambi, but vote for anyone else on the ticket

And how would that not come out into the open?

There must be a run on tinfoil now the convention is on.

Bill

Has any one here heard Bill Clinton's hypothetical election remarks. He said this yesterday before the convention speeches. He was talking about an election with two candidates he refered to as "X" and "Y". In his speech he asked who would vote for if you agree one hundred percent with "X" but you knew he could not deliver squat or "Y", even if you only agreed with half his stands but you knew he could deliver them.

Who are these hypothetical "X" and "Y" candidates? Some pundits think it was a reference to the upcoming presidential election.

Also, Bill will not attend Obama's speech tomorrow.

I don't think the Clintons are done yet.

Err, actually, she stopped the voting process to propose declaring Obama the candidate in the spirit of party unity.

Not exactly what you proposed.

Hillary is going to take over from Ted Kennedy as the most powerful Democratic Senator and she is going to rule the Democrat side of the Senate for a long time. If BO loses I think she will make another run in 2012. If BO wins he is still going to have to deal with Hillary on every major piece of legislation he wants passed in the Senate. He needs her on his side. If McCain wins Hillary will spend the next 4 years attacking him from the Senate and telling the country what she would have done if she'd won. It will be a 4 year long campaign for her.

BO might not owe the Clintons but the Democratic party does. He is still their money man. Need to raise money fast? Call in Bill.

"Releasing" her delegates was a way to rip the votes out of the hands of her supporters in a seeming act of generosity. The staunch HRC supporters are furious, and they should be. What's wrong with having a count? Why must it be unanimous?
These delegates have been disenfranchised in one fell swoop. I actually feel bad for them. I think it plays well for McCain.

maestro said:
"Releasing" her delegates was a way to rip the votes out of the hands of her supporters in a seeming act of generosity. The staunch HRC supporters are furious, and they should be. What's wrong with having a count? Why must it be unanimous?
These delegates have been disenfranchised in one fell swoop. I actually feel bad for them. I think it plays well for McCain.

There's word that Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison will be McCain's running mate.
That would be a shrewd move, and I bet a lot of women who voted for
Hillary because she is a woman will be tempted to vote for Hutchison if not
for McCain.

I've never actually met a Clinton supporter that won't vote for Obama. I suspect they don't actually exist (except in the ruse of right wing actors on teevee)

I haven't encountered any either, but came across this forum yesterday. Maybe it's just a handful of people, and maybe they're Rush Limbaugh's minions playing an evil prank, but wow! These PUMA people are some seriously ticked off Dems! (Or so it seems)

Back