Chucking brass brush into a drill for heavy cleaning

I took a nickel plated case and first put just enough flair to act like a scraper, then I sharpened the lip slightly with my chamfering tool. Just soak the crud in some balistol and scrape it loose with the modified shell case.

I had a little bit of carbon buildup in a cylinder, although it doesn't sound like it was as heavy as yours. I used some Hoppe's foaming cleaner that I would let soak in the cyllnders, then gave it a good brushing (not with a drill). But I really like the idea of sharpening a nickel case, I think that would have saved me a good bit of work.
Since then, I've decided that once I shoot up my .38 special loads I'm only going to reload .357 mag brass. Why make extra work for myself?

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Big 45 Frontier Metal Cleaner, a chore boy type pad that looks like stainless steel...but it isn't. It is perfect for cleaning rust off of blued guns w/o harming the finish, and when you wrap a little in a bronze brush, it takes lead out of barrels, cylinders, forcing cones, like magic. No, I do not sell it, just use it, and its been around for 30 yrs. or more.

Back