Choosing Only Two

SIMP

Scenario for y'all....your current polymer collection consisted of the following firearms:

LCP
Shield 9mm
G26
G19
M&P40FS

If you could only keep two of the above, which would it be? Of the two you kept, one would be home defense and the other your carry weapon. Curious to see your replies and why. Thanks.

Glock 19 and Glock 26.

Same caliber.
Controls are all the same.
19 for range and HD and 26 for CC.
26 could use 19 magazines.
==========
Not LCP because it is too small for my hands and 380 is more expensive than 9mm.
Not S&W because M&P 40FS because trigger is terrible and I do not like .40.
Not S&W Shield --- not much experience with this but I assume trigger is just slightly better than FS. Do not like the safety on CC pistol.

If I'm keeping two, it's going to be the G19 and the Shield. Same caliber so simplifies ammo stocking. Shield is sweet for concealed carry. G19 is good for range shooting, home defense, and can be carry-concealed, too.

I'd go G19 and Shield. Granted G19 and G26 makes a lot of sense too. I'd just prefer the extra thinness of the Shield for CC.

The G19 would be the last one I'd part with from that list.

G19 and the Shield. Although, I suppose being able to use the same mags might be nice with having two Glocks, I just really don't like the baby Glocks, but that is entirely personal preference.

19 and 26. Commonality thing just makes the most sense.

As far as one for this and the other for that, I'd carry both together (I normally carry a 17 and 26. Im not a 19 fan).

Heart says
Shield and M&P 40

Mind says

19 and Shield

Body says

or LCP and 19

Reality for me: my only two rotation carry sidearms

LCP and Shield

Easy my go to carry and my current bedside gun LCP and G19. Both reliable and comfortable both to shoot and carry

The Glock 19 and the Shield hands down. Controls are the same on both. Pull the trigger, it goes bang. I would have picked the G26, but the Shield is a bit easier to conceal.

Back