“Chinese food/dominos/little Caesars/takeout” Force on Force?

Even when the goal is only to protect yourself or your loved ones, too much private training is concentrated on HOW to shoot, rather than WHEN and WHEN NOT to shoot. We may have a theoretical right to self-defense, but it can soon be impossible to exercise that right if a few trigger-happy clowns decide to play cop and shoot at anything moving, thinking it is self defense.

Jim

At the old NTI, not shooting was integral part of the FOF. The level of provocation, target ID was all carefully planned. I recall clearly on one excercise my partner being quite upset when he 'shot' his son who was hiding in the shower.

At Karl Rehn's, I had to talk my way out of an enraged customer at a simulated FedEx store.

I know being a shooting commando sells for some folks who get mad if they don't send rounds into a bad guy dummy. However, good training is out there.

Force on force training USED to be called “shoot/dont shoot” training. Some current trainers are more concerned with round count in their courses then giving the students an education in fighting with their minds.

Back