Cheapest new handgun available? (settle a bet)

I don't think people read the OP. He says cheapest gun that can fire more than 1 round.

I would only bet on a Hipoint to do that. :D

TXAZ, I spend a great deal of time in Texas but not the Austin area, my best friend lives in Canton and my Westie puppy and I make several pilgrimages each year to shoot Texas hogs on his properties. Love the Eastern part of Texas and keep quite a few rifles and pistols in his safes. I have somewhere around 100 handguns but do not consider any one of them to be a cheapo and for the most part would be comfortable carrying any one of them. I guess I took the thread wrong as I just do not understand the mentality of some who would trust the lives of their family on something they got "on the cheap". If I desire (avoid the term need) another handgun it will not be a High Point, Raven or other firearm that in my opinion is of poor construction and may fail at the only situation in my lifetime that I might need a reliable defensive weapon.

Ibmikey,

He's not looking to buy a cheap handgun to protect his family. He said he has other high quality handguns, but this is simply for a bet. I think you are taking this like he is trying to buy the cheapest gun he can to use it for protection. Maybe you should read the multiple posts he had regarding his purpose for starting this thread.

John

Doesn't anybody read the title of a thread "Cheapest new handgun available? (settle a bet)"?
Or the actual text "I don't want to prejudice the answer, so make whatever assumptions you deem.

What is the cheapest handgun you can buy (fires more than 1 shot)? Pricing is for a new weapon legit purchased through a dealer you'd have to do the paper work on. (not some guy off the street).
Thanks"

Thinking probably Phoenix arms 22 with only the one barrel, not the two barrel set. Usually can be found for a buck and a quarter at gun shows around my area.

The replies by the people who didn't even read the OP are embarrassing.

Phoenix, Davis, Jiminez, High Point... those are the ones that spring to mind. I don't pay much attention, but I think I see stuff like that for under $150 at the shows. CTD stocks stuff like that IIRC, and their prices are usually as low as any.

Yeah, that Phoenix Arms 22 can be had for $124.95 buy it now price on Gunbroker.

You can also get a Cobra Denali .380 for $104.95 buy it now price.

I don't know anything about those brands but they sure are cheap. In more ways than one, I'm sure.

By no means is it foolish to spend more than $200 on a handgun. That being said, there are several decent options right around 200. Taurus PT111, Armscor M200 revolver, and Zastava M70a come to mind. They are by no means as nice as their more expensive bretheren, but I wouldn't be ashamed of any of them. By the same token, if I had more to spend I would own more expensive guns.

Heritage 22 LR
I purchased one for my daughter several years ago and it really surprised me! That's one little fine shooter. I've thought about buying one for my self, but the ammo is to hard to find.

Good call Big. I have better ones, but if things were going bump in the night, a Zastava 70A in my hand would feel just fine.

The replies by the people who didn't even read the OP are embarrassing.
And like the Energizer Bunny, just keep going, and going!

Nowhere was it mentioned in the original post that anybody was looking to buy the cheapest multi shot handgun available through a legal dealer.
It was just a question to settle a BET!

The cheapest I can find is one of the Cobra models ...around $100...

( but I'll give you $1,000 for the X-Five ...) ... :D

Hahahaha, where's the banging my head against the wall smiey? ;)
Posts 1,11,19,24,25,26,31
But it is fun seeing how many don't actually read the OP, or further posts.:D
(Keeps going, and going, and going)

Last edited:
Based on Bud's Guns online pricing.

Cobra® pistol Model: CA380 Semi-Automatic----$112
Heritage RR22B6 Rough Rider 6RD 22LR 6.5" Blued--$125
Phoenix Arms HP22--$129
Jimenez--$129 (Not from Bud's, on-line auction BIN price)
Hi-Point CF-380--$139
So far, the winner is----------Cobra CA380--$112

Of the cheap(est) handguns on the market.
In my opinion the Hi-Point is the only one worth having.

A Hi-Point C9 was my first handgun and it has performed great with good accuracy. However I shoot my Phoenix HP-22 and Heritage Rough Rider more because they are more fun. They have also been very reliable and more accurate for me.

I broke bad last week and paid $289 for a S & W SD9VE as an upgrade and people wouldn't make fun of what I was shooting. It's a Glock 19 by another mother.

And going, and going!:eek:

The important thing, and the answer that people who actually read the original post are wondering.
TXAZ, Did you win the bet? If so, what was the winner, that according to your OP I actually read before posting, you or the guy you were betting never intended to buy?:D:D:D

You'll have to check current prices to be sure, but I would expect a .22 or .25 In the Lorcin, Jennings, Bryco, Raven, etc. class would be it.

I don't follow the MSRP pricing on these kinds of things, but I do recall that before the Obama fear cycle set in, they were selling for $60-75 brand new. I think today they are in the $100-120 range.

Good luck, and let us know who wins the bet!

Also, as the guy who thinks its foolish to spend more than $200 on a handgun what he thinks is foolish to spend on tires, something else he bets his life on, and much more often.

I think it was called the "Saturday Night Special" The cheapest was the one passed around without identifying marks in case of an arrest, and was most often thrown away in a trashcan for others to find and carry...no "trigger locks" or "safeties" and the like. Just lethal trash at close range. Not meant to be humorous, but to raise the point about "cheapest" is not a good topic for serious gun enthusiasts.

Last edited:
Back