Cheaper Than Dirt: bad business practice

I stopped buying from Cheaper Than Dirt! when they stopped being cheaper than dirt. I prefer to buy from Natchez or better yet, D&R Sports.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

I've also stopped shopping at CTD. They have some good prices, but their shipping and handling charges are just too high!

From Pipper's description of his experience it sounds to me like CTD's management lacks wisdom. CTD may have been technically correct that the item was not refundable according to store policy. But surely the owner can vary store policy on a case by case basis if he so chooses. I think that in this case he should have so chosen. It seems to me that a satisfied customer and the longterm profitability of good consumer relations would be higher considerations. JMHO.

Wow,

I though I was the only one. I tried to buy an item from them and had one of the WORST experiences EVER. After that happened, I wrote a note addressed to the president (Tanney or whatever) and I noted personal and confidential on the envelope. Some weeks later, I got a REALLY REALLY rude letter from some supervisor (I guess the president was too important to reply to my letter).

His basic reply was 'SO? Don't buy from us then - that's our policy and that's it' !

I will NEVER EVER EVER buy from them again.

Making a mistake and addressing it is one thing. Treating someone like a piece of worthless CR_P is another.

My only problem with them is that I ordered something that could be put in an envelope and still has to pay like $7 for shipping.

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed

My response is to forget it. Give the unwanted flashlight to a kid or a charity and buy the one you want. Since Cheaper Than Dirt supports the RKBA, give them a break. Whether you buy anything there again though is your own personal business.

------------------
It only takes one bullet to change your life.

Lonestar (and others): Go to www.ultout.com Mr. Cliff Hanks, the owner of this site/store, gives very good customer service, and I believe you can see right on the website the quantity of each item currently in stock. He had some CCI 45 shotshells before.

Back