Cheap 9mm ammo

wirenut

I am looking for some range ammo in 9mm. I want to buy at least a case. Any help on a source and some prices would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

wirenut

If you don't already have a brass bank and a trusted reloader, then your best bet may be an outfit like J&G Sales (520) 445-9650. They carry inexpensive 9mm (Sellier & Bellot, South African, Russian, etc), which should run you about $140 per 1000 including shipping charges (remember an adult must sign for the ammo as UPS will not leave it on the doorstep).

I don't have a recommendation for you on which to buy. I've heard that the South African is a bit underpowered, and that Sellier and Bellot is a "pretty good" round. My personal experience has been with Winchester USA which I have not been impressed with.

Hope that helps.

Tango

I've shot a few hundred rounds of S&B 9MM ammo, never had a misfire or even a failure to feed for that matter. $140 for a case would be a pretty good deal, just watch out for the shipping charges. I've also shot some UMC (yellow box) and while there were no problems, the rounds felt distinctly underpowered when compared to the S&B. Plus it was more expensive. I've shot 3-D and Houston reloads with no problems, and that's usually about the cheapest 9MM ammo you're gonna find. I've never shot the Wolf brand ammo from Russia but have heard nothing but bad things about it. Cheaper than Dirt sells the Wolf 9MM for $130 a case, and the S&B goes for a little more. I'd pay extra for the S&B if for no other reason than the fact that it's brass cased and reloadable, the Wolf is steel cased. Shipping charges would be $15, you'd be looking at around $140 for a case delivered. You might be able to beat that price by shopping around in the Shotgun News though. Happy shooting--

Sic semper tyrannis

freedomlover

I've never had problems with S&B. I usually get it at shows for the same price as in bulk. Stay away from Russian Wolf. Not only is it filthy but it's of dangerous quality. One round exploded in a buddy Glock 19. Luckily he was unhurt (always wear safety glasses!) and Glock replaced the damaged barrel and internal parts on his pistol for free.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

Wolf ammo exploading?? have you reported that your friends gun exploaded? If not i would. i have shot over 3000 rounds of 223. and 7.62x39 and about 1500 rounds out of my glock and sigs with out a problem. Most of the rumors that people saying that there guns have blowen up were never reported?
Oh well i dont want to start anything.
Just be safe!

I buy Winchester 115g full FMJ ammo at Wal-Mart @ $6.97 for a box of 50. This is new ammo from a brand name US company AND I think the look on the clerk's face is priceless when you ask for 20 boxes of ammo.

I've shot thousands of rounds of S&B 9mm and hundreds of IMI, and hundreds of PMP and hundreds of Denel (both South African). I like all of them. But, as someone else suggested, some of the Denel may be a little
underpowered. (My Luger is in the shop right now; it won't eject properly, and it just dawned on me that it might be underpowered ammo.)

I generally get mine from Natchez Shooters Supply, Cole Distributing, or Cascade. The price is usually around $120-$130, shipping included. You can find them on the internet.

I recently bought Winchester white box 9mm 115 gr for $5.99 a box at Oshmans. Two cases, 500 rds a case, was less than $130.00 with tax. A week later Academy had the same deal, $5.99 a box. These two companys are located in Houston, Tx. JohnH

Natchez, 1-800-251-7839, is selling Sellier and Bellot 9mm for $5.39 (over 8 boxes), plus shipping and handling.

Well 1000 rounds = around 20 boxes @ $7.00 per box. Not that great for that type of ammo unless it includes shipping.
Http://www.FSGUNS.COM , Carl will be more than happy to sell you some of his ammo. Good prices.

Just go to your local and see if he can match $$$

[This message has been edited by SIG (edited December 10, 1999).]

Man, I tried some of that Crap Winchester puts out in the white box... 6 or 7 bucks from Wal-Mart... Stinks... It's inaccurate and it left so much damn crap in my barrel I could have put together a spare bullet with all of it... and that was after only 50 rounds. I have shot a couple boxes of the S&B however and I thought it worked wonderfully (9mm)
However "Frank the Spank" had feeding problems in his .44 with the S&B... I think it was the .44, maybe it was the .45... anyway, the 9mm worked great... I was thinking of buying a case myself

------------------
"...you're thinkin was that 5 shots or was it 6? Well, you've gotta ask yourself one question: Do you feel lucky??? ...Well, do ya PUNK!?!?

For cheap 9mm ammo, I shoot Wolf by the case. It is the only Russian ammo that does not have any steel in the jacket of the bullets. It is a bit dirty, but I clean my guns after every session anyway. The Wolf people stand by their preformance guarantee, and at $99 per thousand, you can shoot all day cheap. My class III friends use it by the case in their 9mm uppers on their M16 lowers at the sub gun matches around here. No problems there either.

------------------
Good shootin to ya
Plateshooter

The Ulyanovsk Russian milsurp ammo (Cole Distributing used to sell it, and I think Tennessee Guns still might have a couple of cases lying around) is slightly cheaper than Wolf, but quality isn't as good.

If you're going for both good quality and low price, I'd suggest turning to Georgia Arms or Precision Ammo and getting a case from them.

Check out their sites:
www.georgia-arms.com
www.precisionammo.com
www.cole-distributing.com
www.tennesseeguns.com

Some would recommend Cascade Ammo, but I've heard about too many problems dealing with that company to feel comfortable placing an order just yet.

jth

------------------
"Corruptisima republica plurimae leges." (The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws.)
- Tacitus

I've had very good results with Georgia Arms, but recently I've purchased bulk reloaded ammunition from Dan at Precision Ammunition (www.precisionammo.com)
They've been running a special on 9mm either the 115 grain at 1200 fps or the 124 grain at 1100 fps for $110 per 1000.. Pleanty of variation in head stamps but the ammo seems uniform and shoots very well.

At Academy stores you can buy CCI Blazer
115 gr TMJ for $5.99 per 50 round box.
This is their every day price.
Some folks don't like it because you can't
reload it but I like it. It functions
well in all my "nines" and seems to be
loaded a little hotter than S&B and Winchester White box ammo.

With that said I still shoot mostly S&B
as I can get a better "per box" price
by buying those 1500 round cases.
I've had good luck with PMC ammo but it
seems to be a little dirtier and smokier than
some of the others.

[This message has been edited by Greg G (edited December 10, 1999).]

I have had good luck lately with some PMC 115gr FMJ that I got through http://www.bulkammo.com It has been pretty accurate, and while it is a bit dirty, it's not that bad. I paid $138 for a case of 1000 with shipping. I use it in my SIG P225.

-Hawkeye

A good place to buy cheap 9mm ammo is Cheaper Than Dirt! I just went to their web site and got this price.
S&B 115 Gr FMJ 9mm in a 30 box case
(1500 rds) is $6.59/box if you order the case.
their web site is at: www.cheaperthandirt.com

Since I don't reload, I get
CCI Blazer at $5.99 a box.
Never had a bad round or an
ammo based jam and I've shot
at least 2000 rounds of the stuff

Federal shoots cleaner than a nuns P*&$$y.

"Get rid of that Nickel Plated Sissy Pistol and get yourself a Glock" Tommy Lee Jones

Saw on another website an unbelievable price!!!.....GFCC 1-800-704-4867

9mm 1000 for $109.95 DELIVERED, I can't reload for cheaper than that. I think they said it was South African manufactured. I may try a case and I'll post how I like it.

Back