Charter arms

I see the OP got a Taurus 66, would like to hear how that's doing for him.

As for the topic, I recently did testing with .32 S&W in a variety of revolvers to see what affect chamber length had on velocity. I was surprised when the Charter .32 Mag Professional yielded results pretty close to what a top break chambered only for .32 S&W got.

After figuring out the sight picture hold for elevation and having the transfer bar replaced, I have had good results with the Charter Professional and this latest test with it has me thinking it's the best product the company makes.

Everything else with Charter I don't trust and even with the .357 Professional, there are better 6 shot .357's out there for the money, namely Taurus. Charter is the brand you buy when you want something specific that nobody else makes. The .44 Bulldog is still Charter's bread and butter, but stuff like a 5 shot .41 Mag snub, a .40 or .45 small-ish frame snub, maybe the .22's, but those aren't what most people are looking for.

For a Plain Jane .38 or .357, Taurus is far better than Charter right now and likely will be for a very long time.

i have had a earlier pathfinder in .22 mag that looks like a smaller S&W K .22, for a long time that has never gave me a problem.

After figuring out the sight picture hold for elevation and having the transfer bar replaced, I have had good results with the Charter Professional and this latest test with it has me thinking it's the best product the company makes.

I've been eyeing this one for a long time. A 7 shot 32H&R with a three inch barrel checks all the right boxes but I've heard the sight picture is a little different. Can you explain how you need to hold to make accurate hits?

I've owned a charter arms firearm or 3 since the 1980s. Quality has ranged from good to should have never left the factory. Older guns were good but shot themselves loose. Newer guns have made me give up on them.

The best customer service is the one you don't need. I and others have outlined our recent experiences on another forum (THR).

I've been eyeing this one for a long time. A 7 shot 32H&R with a three inch barrel checks all the right boxes but I've heard the sight picture is a little different. Can you explain how you need to hold to make accurate hits?
If you align the top of the front sight with the top of the rear groove sight (like you're normally supposed to) the gun shoots low. Eventually someone on a forum got an answer out of Charter to align the center of the front sights fiber optic rod with the top of the rear sight to get it to shoot to the correct elevation.

This is for the .32 Mag model, IDK if the same goes for the .357 Professional.

It's a training thing, once you get use to it it works, but it's not ideal. Other than that, yup, a 3 inch 7 shot .32 Mag that weighs I think 22oz is about perfect.

My 2 cents, FWIW.
Have a 4" police bulldog in 38 sp. Was getting light strikes. Charter paid to ship it back. Single action is now about 95% reliable. Double action maybe 70%. Don’t feel like shipping it back again.
Painted the top and bottom halves of the front sight different colors, have to line up where they meet with the top of the rear sight for accuracy.

Back