Changing stock

I would not go to a Boyds although I have done it on three different rifles. I have my reasons for not liking them but don't feel a need to bash them.

Instead, have a look at all the options you have with a Bell and Carlson. I have 2 of those and they are every bit as good if not better than my McMillan. If you can afford it, do get the fully aluminum bedded stock, you will not regret it.

Just asking

I have my reasons for not liking them but don't feel a need to bash them.
Ah, you just did and if there is a reason than can be of value to this forum, then kindly share it with us. If it's personal then that is a private matter. .. .;)

Be Safe !!!

ed308, thanks for sharing. Just waiting for that sale. I did further searching and found Oryx. If read correctly they are made by MDT, just lower end as they have a complete kit for $400. https://oryxchassis.com/

------

LineStretcher, I could wait as I am not eager to get it now.

------

I would like to hear reasons as well. I don't have access to these stocks so I don't know what they feel like first hand. I know ones reason will vary by person and may/may not apply to different individuals.

I ended up going with Oryx Chassis and received for the Savage 12FV 6.5 Creed. Installed it and like it so far. Have to see how I do at the range. Was able to get a 5rd and 10rd magazine by Magpul. Have not tried inserting the 10rd mag, but the 5rd mag works. Have to smack it a bit so the magazine grips to the latch/tab correct. The release tab works well and is easy to use. After this, really considering changing stock for the Savage 12FV
223, but a different manufacturer. Looking into Boyds and have seen B&C as well.

I had to smack the bottom of the mag to get mine to load at first. They'll get better with use. Same for the MDT chassis when new.

ed308, thanks for your input. Does it do the same with MDT magazine if it applies to you? I grabbed the 5rd for when I my load test to 5 shots. Not much sense in a way since the price for the 5 and 10 round magazine were about $3 difference. I did catch myself smacking more the 10 round. The 5 round I did "find" I just have to firmly hold the magazine bottom closest to the tab and lift it enough for it to engage properly without forcing it. Did have to hold the rifle firm as well. The 10rd worked but not as easy as the 5 round.

Back