Celebrity Gun Owners

Let's add the rest of Hollywood to the list even if some stars object to the Second Amendment since all of their bodyguards carry guns.

It's really a matter of regal privilege.

smile.gif

I suppose Cher has custom upgrades put on all her guns, Johnny Carson's guns now belong to his ex-wife, and Terry LaBonte only shoots hi-velocity guns like .220 Swift... OK, these are getting weaker and weaker....

Sammy Davis Jr, was a collector of SAA's and had a pretty good fast draw. Mel Torme was a collector of Colt SAA's also. I got to talk to him one time for about a hour about revolvers, shooting and SAA's. He was a real nice man as he could have told me to P*** off and leave him alone. I think I was the only one there that asked him about his Colts, everybody else wanted his autograph and some called him the Velvet Fog (which he hated). He did not have to be nice to a 19 year old kid that liked (likes) guns.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum

Yeah, Sammy Davis Jr did a bunch of quickdraws and trick shots in a movie.... I want to say Robin and the Seven Hoods but that may be wrong....

Best-selling novelist Patricia Cornwell
who won an Edgar Award for "Postmortem"
makes no apology for carrying a .38 for
protection everywhere she goes. She also
states that she keeps a revolver next to
her computer when she's writing.

Sammy Davis did a guest shot on "The Rifleman" with Chuck Connors. Sammy played a trick shot artist forced into his first time gunfight.

[This message has been edited by Don 3:16 (edited June 12, 1999).]

Don-
I still remember him thrwoing a knife at a bullseye, drawing and putting one round dead center before the knife hit. It was a classic. Ahh, for the days when Men were Men and Giants Walked the Earth.

Rob-
Your right. Robin and His Seven Hoods or somesuch....it was a musical. Sinatra played Robin. Sammy carried two(?) pearl handled revolvers in shoulder rigs. I wanna say Edward G. Robinson played the bad guy. Dean Martin also? Before your time.
Double classic.
Rich

Back