Celebrity Gun Owners

TEX

Folks, I just remember where I saw the original post, it was either here or over on Glock Talk, but someone had asked about or started compiling a list of celebrity gun owners. I came across a rag called STAR with a headline of HOLLYWOOD, WHO'S OWNS GUNS, or something to that effct. I couldn't resist so I purchased it to see who was listed. This rag is sort of like a National Enquirer, so you will have to take the list with a grain of salt, but below are those who were or are now packing heat. If someone remembers the original post and maybe how to connect this list with the original one, I would appreciate it.

Queen Elizabeth
Bob Hope
Cybil Shepherd
Pamela Anderson
Gary Coleman
Tom Selleck
Julia Roberts
Cher
Clint Eastwood
Wesley Snipes
Gerald McRaney
Matt LaBlanc
Reba McEntire
Johnny Carson
Jamie Lee Curtis
Robert DeNiro
Joan Rivers
Loretta Lynn
Robert Stack
Shannen Doherty
Burt Reynolds
Steven Segal
James Earl Jones

Pamela Anderson? Yeah she has 2 Big Guns...

wink.gif

------------------
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Yep, Pam has a pair of .44s...

And a couple of nice sixguns, to boot!

------------------
"America is at that awkward stage.
It's too late to work within the system,
but too early to start shooting the bastards."
--Claire Wolfe

I don't know how much I'd trust STAR... but, here is a repaste of a post I made several months ago, on this topic...

This is a long one, so grab some popcorn:

Sylvester Stallone has a range in his home and an extensive collection.
His brother, Frank, is an actor and singer and also an avid shooter

Schwarzeneggar hosted an shotgun tournament last year that benefited Ducks Unlimited. A schedule conflict kept me from attending, but I was told that he was very pro-gun with the press in attendance.. it got zero national exposure that I am aware of.

Tom Selleck, Eric Estrada, Robert Stack, Robert Urich have hosted events and shoot regularly. To hear Robert Stack talk about the good ole days in hollywood when Bogart and Sinatra used to have friends over to shoot skeet, etc... is awesome. Stack was a Good Medalist on the US Olympic Shooting team in his day.

Many Country Music entertainers (including Aaron Tippon, John Anderson, Tracey Bird, Alabama, The Mandrell Sisters, Sammy Kershaw, Razzy Bailey, Blake & Brian, Porter Wagoner, The Hager Twins, Skip Ewing, Sahne McAnally, Reba MacEntire, Wade Kimes, Jimmy C. Newman, Billy Joe Royal, Jeanie Seely, Dave Rowland, Crystal Gayle, Jim Ed Brown, Charlie Wlker, Linda Davis, The Wilkinson's Teri Clark) are shooters and appear at or host many events throughout the year to promote shooting and hunting.

Aaron Tippon put on a free concert two nights ago at The National Wild Turkey Federation's convention.

Chuck Yeager and Norman Shwarzkopf are regulars at many hunting and shooting related events.

Jeff Foxworthy is a regular on Realtree Camouflage's videos and television programs and is an avid hunter.

Last week, Dennis Miller did one of his notorious "Rants" on the death of accountability in the wake of the Lawsuits against the gun industry. While he has never been accused of being a pro-gun radical, he did plainly come down against the idea that guns are inherently evil or that anyone but people who use guns illegally should be held accountable.

Leslie Esterbrook (Police Academy Movies' tough girl) has her own series of "how-to" Shooting Videos and competes regularly at Shotgun events.

Several professional wrestlers (Including The Bossman, Mr. Perfect, and The Droz) have particpated in The Buckmaster Classic celebrity hunting tournament.

Professional sports personalities including Stoney Case, Jay Novecek, Jeff Ballard, Al Del Greco, Wade Boggs, Daryl Lamonica, Dave Butz and Charles Davis have all been involved in events that I have attended in the past year.

Marshall Teague (Roadhouse), Gary Chapman (Prime time Country), Robert Carridine (Coming Home), Lu Parker (Miss USA '94), Lane Smith (Louis & Clark), John Laughlin (The Rock), Dick Hardwich (Star Search), T.J. Klay (Western Flyer), Vincent Guastaferro (NYPD Blue), Ron Masak (Murder, She Wrote), Robert Miranda (The untouchables), Charles NApier (The Blues Brothers, Cable Guy, Silence of the Lambs), Johnny DiSanti (Batteries Not Included), Kimberlin Brown (The Bold & The Beautiful), Shari Moss (On Deadly Ground, Mad About You),Jess Walton (Young & Restless), Ken Hanes (Bold & Beautiful), Stephan Henneberry (Amercian Gladiators, "Tower"), and Bruce Channel (writer) may not be the most recognizable names in the industry, but most of them have instantly recognizable faces. They have all particpated in shooting events around the country.

Thomas Boggs was recently listed in George magazine's list of the 50 Most Influential People in Washignton and the bio included a note about his private duck hunts being a "rite of passage" for congressman who hunt. Patton-Boggs is THE lobbying firm in D.C., and it is also a successful nationwide law firm with offices in many major cities. They represented the Tobacco industry during its recent troubles. I had the privilege of hunting with Tom at his farm in Maryland last year and his collection of hunting stories and pictures would instill hope in even the most jaded anti-washingtonian. His sister is Cokie Roberts, famous journalist and talking head, another hunter and another person listed in the 50 Most Influential.

I can't begin to list the number of Congressman and Senators who are shooters, but check out the Congressional Sportsman's Caucus' website to see a list of that organizations members. http://www.house.gov/tanner/congress.htm

Ted Nugent has his own weekly hunting show and video series.

George Bush (Sr. & Jr.) and Ross Perot all bird hunt at the same lodge in central Texas and have been featured in various publications as hunters.

Terry Labonte, Dave Marcis, Dale Earnhardt, Richard Childress, Rick Mast and Ted Musgrave have all represented NASCAR at various shooting or hunting events.

Ted Turner and Jane Fonda have loosened their "elitist" attitude towards hunting and shooting recently.. inviting reporters to their private hunting ranches for interviews and giving them the option of talking about the hunting that goes on their. I don't think anyone has covered it yet in the national press though... go figure.

Harvey Keitel, Curt Gowdy, members of The Oak Ridge Boys, members of Aerosmith, Lou Ferigno, and Bo Derek (in addtion to many people previously mentioned) have all attended at least one trade show that I have been at in the past year.

Furthermore, the outdoor industry has created its own contemporary celebrities, with guys like Bill Jordan, Bill Ruger, Jackie Bushman, Buck McNeely, Gaston Glock and countless TV show hosts and businessmen that have recognizable names and/or faces that extend beyond just the shooting community.

So you see, there are a lot of famous people out there who are pro-gun. In fact, I'd like to see a list of celebrities who activiley participate in ANTI-GUN events. I'll bet the list isn't very impressive.

This post only involves people that I have been directly involved with through one event/organization or another, so there have got to be dozens more names out there. If someone can get a hold of a copy of a program from The Hollywood Celebrity Shoot (formerly The Charlton Heston Celebrity Shoot), they would find literally hundreds of actors and hollywood personalities not listed here. That event has been held for several years in Southern California and has enjoyed a phenominal attendance, given that it is a "local" event.

I don't have time to go through and add the people that I've seen/met/shot with/learned about since then at various events right now, but I'll get around to it sometime.

The wonderful jazz singer, song writer, arranger Mel Torme who just passed away Saturday and was buried yesterday was an avid gun collector. May God rest his soul.

------------------
Safe shooting - PKAY

One of the gunstores i frequent is the oldest gun store in existence in nashville, I occasionally hang around and help out, and while moving boxes of old records we looked through a few, and it read like who who in old time country music---they told you could generally tell whos career was on the up swing because they would be buying and selling when they had leveled out.....I was there recently and they had reacquired a single action colt that had been originally sold to hank williams jr, quite a number of years ago and he in turn had given the pistol to a friend and the man had passed away and his kids had brought it in to sell ....fubsy.

I wouldn't be happy about including Queen Elizabeth....Queen, get it? Her subjects aren't allowed to have them. Elitism...like Feinstein and all the other aristocracy that have guns and CCW but deny them to regular folk.

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

I don't know if it is true because I heard it second hand during a discussion. Stallone apparently was approached about gun violence and he stated, " It won't stop until they go house to house and take them." Like I said I don't know, maybe someone can verify this.

aaaarrrrrrrgghhhhhhhh......

I went to soooo much trouble editing the above segment because, ursus, that was exactly the statement that got me started last time.....

That story is very old, and very out of context. Run a search and you find the full text of the "here's your celebrities" post.. including more of the story on that statement.

Suffice to say that he was put in a tough spot, he made a stupid statement in a understandable context.. and it was horribly misreported. Stallone retracted that statement almost immediately, when he got back to the States.. of course, that was not reported as fervently.

------------------
-Essayons

Sorry, I forgot to put a couple of
smile.gif
smile.gif
and maybe a
wink.gif
or two (
wink.gif
wink.gif
) up there... no problem.. it was just ironic....

wink.gif

------------------
-Essayons

I guess we can add Geraldo Rivera. He was just on Conan O'Brien show and stated that he carries.

And this reminds of another episode of O'Brien where he had a good session when he visited Ted Nugent on his ranch. Conan showed a tape of him and Nuge at the firing range. Conan was a fairly good shot, but his stance and grip were somewhat questionable. It was a good segment and given without statement or apology. I was waiting for one, but it never came. Congrats Conan.

Rob: Thanks for the clarification about Sly. I was under the mistaken impression also that he favored strict gun control.

Isn't Linda Evans also a shooter? I read recently that one of the guncontrol org's slammed her for her views.

------------------
(!)

Hey, I don't know the background, but I can agree with that comment from Stallone without it. It's correct in any context.

The obvious point is that there is no reason to do any of what is being passed off as "gun control", it will not work! Period. So propose door to door confiscation or get a life.

Of course, further clarification might say that gun crimes won't stop even then, but...

Larry P.

Yes, Pam Anderson has quite a gun, >ahem< rack, but what does Gary Coleman carry? maybe a Bushmaster Shorty?

To hksigwalther,

Okay man, you caught me. The real reason I bought the STAR was because I was on my way to the range and I had forgotton to pack any targets. There were some pictures of Rosi in the rag and well you know....anyway!
smile.gif

I saw that Shannon Dougherty was on TEX's original list. I find this very hard to believe. I guide upland hunts and her brother was a client last season. All day long he complained about how his sister and mother would rant on-and-on about hunting, too many guns, and that there needed to be more gun control. He later told me that all "those Hollywood types" p*ssed him off when he saw them, and that he talked till he was blue in the face trying to convince his sister that gun control was not the answer. At the end of the day I asked who his sister was and he told me Shannon Dougherty. It's funny, he is a total Republican through-and-through, publishes a conservative paper, and his little sister is in Hollywood. Go figure.

On the other hand Feinstein and Perrata have CCW and they are antis.

Back