"Cease Fire" Commercial featuring Paul Newman...

Right on, Rob!

An NRA ad I would like to see would list those magazines, TV/radio stations, etc. "that REFUSED to run the very ad you see here!"

That would show bias by specific corporations that:
- need competition,
- need correction to their reputation as "fair", or
- in the case of radio/tv stations, need to renew their license from time to time.

NRA does not seem to be using all the weapons at its disposal. Either that, or they are not informing NRA members of their efforts.

This is a war for the "hearts and minds" of the American people. We'd better get serious about this - at least as serious as our opposition.

The last ad I saw for the NRA in a major publication was in Sports Illustrated, either the January or February edition. (I know it was a bit old, doctor's offices NEVER keep anything current.) It was their "I'm the NRA" slogan.

I think that there's got to be someone out there that can craft a pro-gun ad that would get into some major publications. If the magazines are rejecting NRA material, what about FOUP, GOA, or RKBA. Heck, throw any initials at them you want. Use DAC,THTRS if you want (for answer, look at signature). The important thing is to get the message out there.

------------------
Ron

Detroit Area Chapter
Terra-Haute Torque & Recoil Scoiety

[This message has been edited by Ron L (edited July 21, 1999).]

Back