CCW

ammo.crafter

Recently got my CCW and was wondering what others do to keep their pants from drooping down when carrying IWB.

Not a suspender person, but curious what others do.

Thanks.

A good gunbelt cinch sorta tight and a tucked-in shirt, even if it's an under shirt. For everyday wear I use a Wilderness Instructors belt, which has infinite tension adjustment.

I would have that problem if I carried, due to pot belly and narrow hips....hahahahaha.....I would think that a good belt plus a very light gun would be the best a person could do if he didn't want to wear suspenders...lol.

Yeh a belt will work fine, doesn't really matter what belt. I have never had an issue with my pants staying up while carrying IWB, I usually wear pants that are a bit looser in the waist because the IWB holster acts as a wedge between my waist and the pants which tightens them up nicely.

A good belt is the key. I have two Beltman belts, black and brown, and they really do the job.

FWIW, Beltman the company changed hands a few months ago. The new owner took the time to email at least some previous customers, including me. The email was downright reverent about the quality of the product and his intention to keep the quality and customer service at a very high level. I haven't bought any belts since then, but the tone of the email made me think I could go back to them with confidence.

I use a kore essentials gun belt. Instead of the usual holes in a belt it has a track system that is adjustable in 1/4" increments. Works great for this portly fellow. I've had it for about a month and I'm looking at getting rid of my other gun belts and buying another kore essentials belt.

A cheaper fashion belt like you can buy at the department stores isn't going to cut it except maybe with the lightest weight micro/pocket sized 9mms and smaller.

What you need is a quality gun belt. They are made by many holster makers, and there are also some dedicated belt makers. I like Bullhide Belts best myself:
https://www.bullhidebelts.com/collections/gun-belts

I'd probably start by looping a sturdy belt through those pant loop things attached to your pants. I don't know if that's what they're there for, but it seems to do the trick.

"...doesn't really matter what belt..." Yeah it does. A cheap thin belt won't hold the extra weight and the pistol will sag in the holster. There are such things as 'dress' gun belts. Cheap they ain't though. Buy some 8 ounce leather and make your own.

I agree. Having a proper "gun belt" makes all the difference. My M9 weighs over 2.5 lbs. I wouldn't be able to carry it if it weren't for my 2-inch top grain cowhide belt.

One of the many problems with CC. Why I hate carrying a gun. My solution was the smallest and lightest gun I could get away with. Still don't like having it on me.

Has anyone mentioned getting a good belt yet? :p

Personally, I use an Aker B21 in brown, or a DeSantis Econobelt in black, depending on my attire for the day.

depants

Thanks all.

I'm using an Aliengear IWB holster along with an Aliengear steel lined leather belt.

I'm thinking some sit ups wouldn't hurt.

I'm thinking some sit ups wouldn't hurt.

I find that sit-ups when combined with table push-backs to be more effective.:eek:

I have put on some weight lately because of health issues keeping me from getting enough exercise. Concealed carry has become a little more challenging for me too.

Recently got my CCW and was wondering what others do to keep their pants from drooping down when carrying IWB.

Not a suspender person, but curious what others do.

Get a good belt. Stiff, and 1.5" inches (or wider).

A Stuffmart(R) belt absolutely won't do. You will end up spending some bucks to get a good enough belt.

I went with captain itch had him put in a stiffener 3 years back and it still does a awesome job. I carried a XD 40 service for a couple of years till I got my PPQ

Last edited:
Back