CCW incident in Baton Rouge?

Whats rassled mean? I couldn't find it in the dictionary.

Get a copy of the book: "How to Speak Cajun"

Ironic that he joined a funeral procession .... Almost like going to your own funeral...

I guess we should all start putting some money together for this good samaritan's legal defense from the civil trial that's sure to take place. :rolleyes:

If that happened in tennessee he wouldn't have to worry about being sued. Good samaritan law would protect him from lawsuits.:cool:

Shows you even the .45 isn't the man stopper people make it out to be. I think he did a great job. This is the reason ccw is so good. Good job to him; using his pool skimmer in .45 caliber to clean the gene pool.

Jeez 4 shots COM, 1 to the head

I definitely want to know the details on the ammo, position of shooter and BG. I think the guy who can take 4 shots center mass and not stop from a .45 is on something more than just vitamins. PCP, steroids? I guess that solves the caliber vs. shot placement question. I commend the good samaritan for his cool head and correct actions. Good job.

4 shots center mass +1 in head with a 45? This has really made me re think my choice on carrying ANY concealed weapon short of a 454 casull:confused: The guy must have been DRT, he just didn't know it yet? Maybe there's something we haven't heard yet, I want to see it on video, then i'll believe it..LOL

I heard an update on this incident

I heard an update on this incident...I don't know how old it is but for what its worth here it is: Apparently, the CCW holder's second shot would have been deadly and incapacitating to the offender according to the coroner who performed the autopsy (a + to anyone carrying a 45 LOL)... There's no law stating that you can't keep firing until the threat ceases to exist...I would have kept firing too.

Have you guys heard about the NAACP? I am absolutely horrified by these people...They are demanding action be taken against the officer and the good samaritan. I don't care what color your skin is, if you are a violent felon with prior history and you nearly beat a cop to death over a traffic ticket for a FUNERAL procession you interrupted, you get whats coming to you..What is this society turning into? Have people lost touch with reality?
Sorry if I'm venting

Chris 1911

I do feel awful for the Temple family...It must be awful to lose a family member in such an awful way, or in any way...But this exists in every shooting.....The victim (criminal) always has family, friends, acquaintances giving eye witness testimonies to "what a good person he was", "he wouldn't hurt a fly", but the truth is, why was Mr. Temple a violent convicted felon? Was it because he was "harmless", and "well-reserved"?

Think about this: Is it not true that most people try to be a bit more reserved around their family, around the people they love and care for. For instance, we might talk differently to our "buddy down the street" then we do to our mothers.....And that is what blinds these people...Sure, Mrs. Temple probably remembered her son as that loving and kind person who volunteered all of his time on the weekends.....But that's probably because he never tried to beat the tar out of her.......What I am trying to say here is that sometimes the people who love us have a unique image of us....People try to remembe the best of the people they love, often things that aren't the best balance of a person's character...A surreal image so to speak...

Jeez 4 shots COM, 1 to the head
I definitely want to know the details on the ammo, position of shooter and BG. I think the guy who can take 4 shots center mass and not stop from a .45 is on something more than just vitamins. PCP, steroids? I guess that solves the caliber vs. shot placement question. I commend the good samaritan for his cool head and correct actions. Good job.

Being shot multiple times is nothing new and it most definitely does happen, on occassion, to folks not on drugs, pcp, alcohol, or anything else other than adrenaline. There is a good chance that if the guy wasn't going to collapse immediately after the first two to the chest, he probably would not have collapsed with any more until bleeding out which can take a while, or via a CNS shot which turned out to be shot 5 for the samaritan.

I heard an update on this incident...I don't know how old it is but for what its worth here it is: Apparently, the CCW holder's second shot would have been deadly and incapacitating to the offender according to the coroner who performed the autopsy (a + to anyone carrying a 45 LOL)... There's no law stating that you can't keep firing until the threat ceases to exist...I would have kept firing too.

While the second shot from the samaritan might have been deadly, a mortal wound, it obviously was NOT incapacitating. In the words of the guys from the FBI when describing Platt during the fight in Miami, Platt was dying, but was not dying fast enough. Platt's kills happened after he was mortally wounded.

Last edited:
Taking out the trash

Temple was an out of control thug, period! According to court records, he was already on probation for simple battery and simple damage to property at the time of his death. As the eyewitness says "the officer took quite a beating". But naturally the NAACP is going to make this into a racial thing, "Just simply that Mr. Temple punched the police officer is not enough," said Baton Rouge NAACP President Kwame Asante. Simply punched the police officer! Can you believe that? This guy beat the cop to a friggin' pulp! Mr. Stephens should have saved 4 bullets and simply put one into this guys noggin' and got it over with.

I wonder how Temple's family would feel if I tried to cut into his funeral precession?

I wonder what the NAACP would have to say if Temple was white and the cop was black?

I thought that all states had a "good samaritan" law? Or is there a specific one that applies to deadly force? If so, what states have this law? Is PA one of them?

Back