CCW in MO, WI?

Jason, as I said previously, I am skeptical of these "takeover" conspiracy theories myself. I was just relaying some of the ideas that are currently out there. I hope, and I believe, that there are still plenty of patriotic, decent Americans both in government, LE, and the military to make anything like these scenarios impossible to pull off.

JJB, are you refering to a case now before the supreme court regarding automobile searches? I think I read or heard that just such a case was accepted by the court for the new term. I think a decision in a case of that importance will be front page news, so it must not have been decided yet.

BTW, the federal ban on guns at schools prohibits guns within 1000 feet of any school, public or private. If you drive by a school with a gun in the trunk of your car, you are comitting a felony! The law does not mention any exemption for CCWs as I understand it. Are there are any attorneys or federal LEOs on line who could give us more info on this?

Ed
The court decision I referred to was US District Court in Indianapolis, reported locally on Thursday, 11-19-98. I do not think this case has gotten to the level of the Supremes yet. The one you mention must be from a different district.

Jim In Indiana

------------------
-- TANSTAAFL

Ed,

I figured as much, just discussing for the most part.

Ok, on the federal 1000 foot ban, did this get passed again, yes, I know I should know these things. I know it was found unconstitutional at one point.

Jason

Back